Australia post module not showing after upgrade

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #54022

I just upgraded to version 1.5.8 yesterday. Now my australia post shipping module does not show up to the customers. They can only select manual shipping. Everything was working properly before the upgrade.

Is there a fix (and fast!!) for this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 10 months ago #54042

Hello,

the AUPOST plugin is working fine in the Hikashop 1.5.8 version for me, so can you please follow the FAQ and tell me if it works ?

11 years 10 months ago #54167

Hi Mohamed,
I had a look at the FAQs as suggested, but I cannot workout from that why the Auspost Shipping method does not show. During checkout (front end), only one manual shipping method shows (and works), not the Auspost method. The only restriction in the Auspost is the country, which is Australia and my customers are in Australia, so it should show up. The Australia zone is enabled.

When I go to System>Shipping Methods, I have one manual shipping method plugin and the Auspost plugin installed and enabled. In Configuration>Plugins, no shipping plugins appear (not sure if that matters or not). My products have weight, and checkout shows one shipping method (as above).

Bearing in mind everything worked perfectly before the upgrade, what could have changed during the upgrade and can I uninstall and reinstall without losing any data?

Joomla 2.5.4

• Thank you received: 13078
11 years 10 months ago #54256

You should disable the manual shipping method temporarily and try again. That should display an error message which will help you understand the problem.
Did you check that you're using the same weight unit in the product, the shipping method and that it's the main one in the configuration (australia post uses g as the main weight unit)?
Also, please do a screenshot of the configuration of your australia post shipping method so that we can see how you configured it.

11 years 10 months ago #54264

Hi Nicolas,
I disabled the manual shipping method and got "No Shipping Methods for your Area" error. I have been using kg for my products for Australia Post in Virtuemart (several years) and HikaShop for 4 months about) with no problems. I changed a couple of items to g to see if purchasing them would let the Auspost option come up, but that made no difference. Everything was fine until I upgraded. I have attached a screen shot as requested.

Attachments:

11 years 10 months ago #54288

You should remove the australia zone restriction. It is not necessary in your case (standard shipping service is only available in australia so it won't display outside australia even without the zone restriction) and from the error message, it comes from something linked to that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: djbutton

11 years 10 months ago #54326

Thanks Nicolas,
It is working again now, however if I want to exclude one state in the future, will it mean that it will stop working again?

11 years 10 months ago #54327

It should not normally. But if you had a problem with the zone restriction, it's likely that you will have to problem again. That would require testing and further investigation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 10 months ago #54373

Attachment not found

Hello,

The problem was coming from the weight/dimension conversion in Hikashop 1.5.8 so I fixed it. You can now use the last version of the Australia POST plugin.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds