Can't add registered billing address

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #55339

Hi,

I am having some problems with selecting billing addresses. Although new users can add their addresses in step one (login/registration) of checkout, after they validate their email and return to the checkout they then find their addresses are unavailableon the billing address page and they have to enter them manually again.

Please follow this product to see this happen:

notascratch.com/shop/category/12-iphone-4s-cases

I am also finding myself forced to request users to enter their addresses at stage one because if not, there are no empty boxes for 'new' address. This means they can't complete the order. Most payment pages request the address to be completed later in the process - registration/billing address/payment - but mine has to be registration+address/billing address/payment. This is not optimal.

Can anyone help with selecting entered address and with pushing the billing stage back a step?

Many thanks,
Luke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13078
11 years 10 months ago #55401

Hi,

Could you try to turn on the debug mode of the joomla configuration and try again ?
That might display an error message.
Also, I can see that you changed quite a bit the custom fields. Was it working before you changed them ? If so, could you try to revert your changes ?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #55424

Okay,

Initially I tried this and it failed at the point where it sends a verifcation email, but I can't be certain that I had deleted the test user account. I then deleted both from Hika and Joomla core.

On my second attempt I reached the stage where I needed to log in. Oddly the address fields were already filled in (see attachment) which can't be right.

After entering new user name/password/etc I get the same error as noted above:

JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'address_street2' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT IGNORE INTO `qlf7t_hikashop_address` ( `address_street`,`address_street2`,`address_city`,`county`,`address_user_id`,`address_default` ) VALUES ( '2 Lawns Courtyard, Broad Road','Wickham Market','Woodbridge','Suffolk','8','1' )

I have left debug mode on if you have a chance to test it again. What do you suggest?

Note: I changed the names of some custom fields and added a new one (text entry) for County since all my customers are UK-based. The State field is linked to the Country one and not showing Country resulted in State not having any options. Since I just wanted State (or County), I had to create a new one.

Thanks a lot for your help with this Nicolas,
Luke

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by lukehold.

• Thank you received: 13078
11 years 10 months ago #55426

Unpublish the address_street2 field and create a new one for that information via the menu Display-Custom fields and you won't have that error anymore.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds