Fatal error: Allowed memory size

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #58967

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 175781 bytes) in /home/dubota/public_html/old/libraries/joomla/database/database.php on line 1343

this message is being appeared, when I enter into my Top Category (Parent), and selct the Option (All Sub Elements) ...

I tested with some other cart, there is no problem ...

Please, we need solution....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 9 months ago #58972

How many categories do you have ?
The error says that the memory limit set in place by your hosting company has been reached so it can't display the page.
If you are displaying too many categories/products on a page and since you have a small memory limit, it is not abnormal.
Also, if you turn off the "category explorer" option of the configuration, it will eat up less memory on product/category listings of the backend and might help avoid hitting the memory limit.

11 years 9 months ago #59124

I have a similar error. I've tried what you suggested, but I get this message:

Your checkout workflow is empty.
Checkout workflow invalid. The modification is ignored. See the documentation for more information on how to configure that option
No valid weight unit entered. The system put back the default units.
No valid dimension unit entered. The system put back the default units.
Successfully Saved

The workflow area doesn't look empty and it won't let me put the "advanced checkout workflow" option to "no".
I get the same message when I try to adjust the tax zone and such.

Since we just installed this, there are only two categories and one product added thus far.

Joomla 2.5.6 | HikaShop 1.6.0
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Ennea.

11 years 9 months ago #59138

That's a problem between your user session and your browser's cookies/cache.
Try with another browser or clean your browser's cache/cookies and you will be able to change the configuration.

11 years 9 months ago #59180

Okay, I did that and now I'm able to save changes. :) Thanks!

I still get that memory error on the front end though - only when I link to product or category listings.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /joomla/components/com_hikashop/views/category/tmpl/listing.php on line 31

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Ennea.

11 years 9 months ago #59228

It's the same problem as above.
If you are displaying too many categories/products on a page and since you have a small memory limit, it is not abnormal.
I would recommend to ask your hosting company to increase your memory_limit to 64M.

11 years 9 months ago #59242

Ennea wrote: Since we just installed this, there are only two categories and one product added thus far.

This happened with only one category and one product. I'm doing this site for someone and am not sure of what their memory limit actually is, but one category and product shouldn't be exceeding limits. I'll pass on the information.

Thanks!

11 years 9 months ago #59245

Not necessarily.
If you have big images for your products, even displaying only one product could hit the memory limit.
You have a limit of 32M on your web server (33554432 bytes equals to approximately 32M). Joomla takes already 6M. HikaShop takes approximately the same. Then, each module/plugin will take some more memory.
Suppose that you're at 16M. Then, you add the processing of one image of 3M of size. Just loading up the image in memory will take 20M (the resizing library of PHP for images eats a lot of memory). With that, you're already over your limit of 32M.

11 years 9 months ago #59253

Ah, I see now, thank you for clearing that up.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds