Upgrade from 1.55 to 1.60 Error with custom fields

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #68140

Hi,

I got this error on the product display pages when I attempted to upgrade to the latest version. The error is related to custom fields created for the several categories of products.

Begin Rental Date
Warning: preg_split() [function.preg-split]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 3 in /home/gmm466/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 1326

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/gmm466/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 1326

Ending Rental Date
Warning: preg_split() [function.preg-split]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 3 in /home/gmm466/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 1326

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/gmm466/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 1326

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 7 months ago #68156

Hi,

That error comes from the format of the date of your custom fields.

What format are you using ?

11 years 7 months ago #68157

Please see attached png for custom field.

Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #68166

The format of your custom field is not valid.
Please remove all the text after %Y and that should help avoid the problem.

The following user(s) said Thank You: teleactive

11 years 7 months ago #68171

That fixed it.

On another issue. I thought the language files would not be touched on the upgrade. It seems the language file is has been deleted with all my changes. Are there any options to restore it?

11 years 7 months ago #68179

The language file is updated on each update.
However, if you change your translations with translation overrides as explained in our documentation you won't loose them as the changes will be located in the override file:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

If the changes were made in the main translation file, then the only solution to restore them would be to take them from a backup. Note that you should always do a backup of your website before updating something on your website.

11 years 7 months ago #68185

hi, good advice, where exactly is that language file located? Is there new data. I guess I have to do a comparison of the two files and look for differences?

11 years 7 months ago #68187

It's in the folder languages/en-GB for english.
All releases of HikaShop have new translations added at the end of the file.

11 years 7 months ago #68189

hi, i'm doing a test transaction and I get this error message at checkout after entering cc#

Is this not the proper format for having a single order confirmation email sent to two owners of the web store?

Could not instantiate mail function.
Could not instantiate mail function.
Invalid address: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. not instantiate mail function. Invalid address: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. not instantiate mail function.

11 years 7 months ago #68319

Hi,

In the "From address" field, you should only have one email address.

In the "Order creation notifications email address" you can have several emails separated by commas.

If that's what you did, then it must be a problem of configuration of your joomla email settings in the joomla configuration.

11 years 7 months ago #68323

HI,

Attached is the current Mail Settings in Joomla. Maybe you could confirm that this is a valid configuration that won't be problematic.

Thanks,
Kevin

Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #68324

Hi,

You will have to ask your hosting company.
Sometimes, you have to use SMTP and not PHP Mail. But that depends on your hosting company's setup so I can't say if that's ok or not.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds