No automatic variants?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #7283

Hi,

I have used the characteristics to make variants of my products. First when I added a new characteristic to a product, the variants were created automatically (like "productA_1, productA_2 ...).
But when I now create new characteristics and add them to a product, that automatic creation of the variants does not work any more! When I click on "manage variants", I only see one variant for that product in the variants screen named "productA_" and without having a characteristic added.

How can it be solved to recreate that "automatic variants process"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
13 years 2 months ago #7295

Hi,

When you already have variants in your product and you add new characteristics, hikashop doesn't know what to do (imagine that you changed some data in the variants...if hikashop delete them in order to recreate all the variants, you're screwed) so it doesn't create the variants automatically.

If you want it to recreate all the variants automatically, you need to delete all the variants of your product first. Then, go back to the product, delete the characteristics and save the product. Then, add the characteristics again and save the product and all the variants will be recreated automatically.

13 years 2 months ago #7303

OMG, I tried only to delete the characteristic and then added a new characteristic to the product. But I forgot to delete the automatically created wrong variant itself!

Thank you Nicolas for your advise, that helped perfectly.

13 years 2 months ago #7596

Hi Nicolas,

I still think that there is some trouble with that process.
The creation of the automatic variants according to your advice ("delete all the variants of your product first. Then, go back to the product, delete the characteristics and save the product. Then, add the characteristics again and save the product") only works sometimes. I have to try it several times to have the variants created correctly.

I recognized that every time I save a product and change something in the characteristics or variants, an error is displayed:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in *************/www_root/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php on line 436

As mentioned above, most times there is only one variant created like "ProductA_" without characteristic value.
Maybe this error has something to do with the process only working sporadically?

Thanks
Kohypon

• Thank you received: 13063
13 years 2 months ago #7597

Hi,

We made some changes on that end. Could you try to install the latest version and see if you still have the problem ?

13 years 2 months ago #7599

Hi Nicolas,

with that new version the error diappeared and the automatic variant creation now seems to work 100%.

Great job!

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds