Characteristics - Fatal error: Allowed memory size

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #21488

Hi there!

I have created a few characteristics for a product and when i add them all i get the following message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/MadSurfboards/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php on line 498

I have tried to change php.ini or even add /*ini_set("memory_limit","5024M");*/ to the script but it does not matter how much i increase the memory the script won't work.

It works if i just add a few characteristics but if i add all the 15 i have for the product, it does not work.. even if i add 10, 9 or 8... it only works if i add like 4 or 5 characteristics... any way around it to make it work?

Here are the fields i have created :
1 Size
2 Tail Shape
3 Rails
4 Rocker
5 Stance
6 Surfing Ability
7 Bottom Shape
8 Finish
9 Fins
10 Fins Type
11 Logo's
12 Logo Position
13 Glassing instruction Polly Deck
14 Glassing instruction Polly Bottom
15 Glassing instruction Polly Insert

where each one has 4 to 7 options to choose from...

Also, i read that now we can add custom fields to the characteristic on the new version.. how do i do that?

Thanks in advance for any help.. i have a meeting with client soon so any ideas will be more than welcome.

Marcio Ferreira

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by marcioamf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
12 years 9 months ago #21495

Hi,

You have the same problem as described there: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...istic-questions.html
The solution of using options instead of characteristics has been added to HikaShop 2 months ago:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds