Catchable fatal error #2

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #562

Hi,

First of all - many greetings for you guys for the awesome component. Thank you also for giving us a chance to use that component as a free version.

I installed component with no problem at all. I added product category, product, tax category and one VAT rate, published local currency PLN, added joomla menu item with connection to the shop, entered shop and had an attempt to make transaction. Till that moment I did not noticed any malfunctions.

Being logged in, I added single product to the cart, pressed checkout and added additional data for the transaction: address, and so on. I made one mistake: I input text string like "qwerty" in the telephone field.

I got the following error in the front:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/senda/ftp/mtest1/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 105

and the following one in the back int the customers section, in the form which displayed the user who made fatal transaction:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in/home/senda/ftp/mtest1/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/user/tmpl/form.phpon line 89

The "fatal" user got improper address (a default one with French location, not the location I choose from the form).

Additionally system created new empty user record in customers section and made some errors in hikka tables (improper length of tables).

I tried to remove that error so I corrected the tables with sql tools, removed address, and other records bound with the fatal transaction. After I removed the addresss - the error displayed in the back did not show up anymore. But error in the front still persists.

According to the thread www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...ble-fatal-error.html you were ready to inspect the system. My system is the test one. I install here components for inspection before installing them on a live site. How can I pass you the user and password details?

Regards,
mmi

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by mmi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 5 months ago #564

Hi mmi,

Indeed the person on the other thread didn't answer us so we couldn't fix the problem. If you're willing to help us fix it, you can send us by email an FTP access to your website and the URL of the website at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Concerning the warning on the back end, it's just a small warning. Nothing is really broken, it's just that we need to add an extra check there. I already did the modification on our end and it will be included into next release.

Thank you for your precise report on those issues.

13 years 5 months ago #566

Done:)

13 years 5 months ago #567

I am also getting the message:

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in **************/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/listing_list.php on line 26"

If you need another site to review please let me know.

Dan

13 years 5 months ago #568

For the warning onthe listing of products, you can just add if(!empty($this->rows)){ .... } around the foreach code block so that the warning disapear.
This warning will only happen if no products are found when displaying products as list type.

For the user edit on the back end it's almost the same. You can just add the code if(!empty($this->fields)){ ..... } around the foreach code block and the warning disapear.

Thanks to the access provided by mmi, we found that the fatal error on the front end seems to be caused by an incompatibility with the advanced modules manager extension on your website. We added some code in our module which should fix the problem. Let us know if you still have a problem on that on your end.

All those changes have been added on our end and will be published into next release of hikashop.

13 years 5 months ago #570

Hi,

thank you very much. I'm flattered with your help:)...

Right now the error:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/senda/ftp/mtest1/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 105

appears in Hikashop Cart Module.

Replication:
enter shop site
enter product
press add to cart

You may see the error message in the column next to the component.

Regards,

mmi

13 years 5 months ago #575

Hi,

Indeed, the parameters of the module are also called there. Great, I was also able to fix this one in the same way :)

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds