Order still placed if Paypal screen closed

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #2777

Hi,

I'm testing the paypal payment method, and I have found that if the paypal windows is closed, or the user clicks the back button on the browser, the order is still added to the system. Order processed emails are sent to the shop admin and customer.

It would be nice if HikaShop would only add the order to the system after the paypal payment has been processed (or do I have something setup incorrectly?)

Any ideas if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 3 months ago #2781

Hi,

The order needs to be created on the last step of the checkout. For example, if you have the payment method "check" or "bank transfer", you have to create the order entry at the end of the checkout. Also, paypal do not always validate instantaneously the orders. Sometimes, users payment is freezed for 1 week before paypal validates the payment. In such cases, you want to send an email you order CREATION notification. Then, when the payment is completed, another email is sent to notify the user that his order is complete.
Also, in commercial editions of HikaShop, there is now the possibility for the user to pay later on via the listing of his orders on the front end. For example, suppose that while on paypal, the users mistakenly closed his browser or that his computer crashed or that his payment is refused later on if he paid by e-check or wire transfer and that the funds had to be frozen for a week but that in the mean time, the bank asked the money back for whatever reason ( yes, that happens :) ). He would be able to go again to the paypal payment screen for his order, without having to redo the whole process again. For such cases as well, you want to create the order before sending the user to paypal.
So it's not a bug :)

• Thank you received: 5
13 years 3 months ago #2830

I have been usning opencart for another client and I have noticed that they have a Paypal system which utilizes the paypal PDT ( Payment Data Transfer )
Does Hikashop use something similar?

Basically it take's the Return codes received from paypal to update the hikashop payment statuses.

would be good if it does something like this.

Cheers

you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.

13 years 3 months ago #2839

HikaShop doesn't use PDT but IPN in order to validate the payment status cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-...howto_admin_IPNIntro
Upon receiving a payment notification, hikashop will validate the order (or not if there was a problem with the payment) send a notification email to both the user and the admin so that each one knows the new status of the order.

13 years 2 months ago #4465

Hi!

I just bought Hikashop and I am very satisfied, I have one simple issue though that I can't seem to get right. I checked the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" to yes, but when I go through my check-out choosing for example paypal, log in user account, redirect to paypal, but closes the browser without paying, I do get an Order-Id as I should, but I can not see a "pay now" button below the orderstatus as mentioned in the config.details. Have I done something wrong? I have the essential version installed. I thought the user would be able to click a "pay now" button and simply re-redirect to paypal once over...

Most of my customers will simply be placing an order, and then pay to my business account after printing the invoice as you normally do it here in sweden. That would also give them a 30days - payment period, so they will pay me after I send the ordered items to them...I need to be able to change the status of the order manually depending on if they pay before or after sending the item, is this doable or will it fuck up the system-emails? I hope you understand what I mean...

This is the work-in-progress-site: speldosan.se.loopiadns.com

Practice makes perfect

13 years 2 months ago #4467

Hi,

Indeed, there is a problem with that in the essential version. We fixed it on our end and it will be available with next version that we want to release this week.

In the mean time, you can replace the file components/com_hikashop/views/order/view.html.php by the one in the archive enclosed in this message and that should fix it.

File Attachment:

File Name: view-20110103.zip
File Size:2 KB

Attachments:

13 years 2 months ago #4470

Tnx a lot for the fast reply! It works now =) I will most certainly get back with more ideas later on when I have read through your code and am more familiar with your store...

Practice makes perfect

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds