taxation zone/rule update/display

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #6127

I am testing the taxation zone rules. I have a customer "A" account created with an address in zone A. I have a second customer "B" account created with an address in zone B. I have a product which uses tax code X. I have created a rule for zone A with tax code X. If I login as customer A the product is displayed with tax included. This is correct. If I logout and login again as customer B (zone B, not the zone with the tax rule enabled) the prices displayed will include taxes until I add it to the cart. Initially the cart module will show the price with tax and after about 2 seconds will show the price without tax. The check-out view still shows prices with tax. If I hit F5 to refresh the check-out it will now display without tax. After I do this the displayed price is correct for the zone B customer for both the cart and the checkout.

After this if I logout and login again with the zone B customer, the pricing will again reflect the tax rule for zone A until I add another item to the cart and then it will change after about 2 seconds to remove tax since the zone should not include tax. But Hikashops default behavior seems to display products with tax to this customer even though they are not in the tax zone until they actual add one product to the cart, or a second if one already was there when they logged in.

thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 2 months ago #6139

Hi,

Actually, the taxes are displayed based on your "main tax zone" option in the configuration of HikaShop until the user selects/enters his address on the checkout.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #6170

I was thinking later last night and thought that might be the issue.

However, I had assumed that if the user has registered an address for his account as a billing address, and I had configured the billing address as the tax address that Hikashop might automatically look at the default billing address for the account when they login and display the prices based on that address. That seemed to me to be the most user friendly approach. That way nobody is surprised at check-out by changing prices, or turned deterred by higher prices while browsing (particularly if there are different prices in different zones).

Is that something that might be considered for a future release or are there other issues with this approach I have just not thought of yet?

thanks,

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 2 months ago #6171

That might be considered for a future release. The only problem is the time on our end to implement all this :)

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds