Required Custom Field not storing data

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #33641

Hello, I set up a hika shop business edition yesterday (LOVE THIS PRODUCT!, and I created a required custom field for the product page. Several orders have come in, but it isn't storing the field. I have tried it a few times myself and it is blank. I looked at the phpmyadmin page and it is blank there as well. I would be happy to PM login credentials. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #33649

Just some followup testing...There is a text area field that was working fine. So, I tried making the field that is not working a text area. It is still not working tho. The field is supposed to store an e-mail address. Would the special characters in an e-mail address screw it up?

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 4 months ago #33673

We would indeed need more information to answer you. Could you give a link to that page and a back end access ? You can do that via our contact form. Don't forget to include a link to this thread.

12 years 4 months ago #33678

Hi,

Thank you for replying back. Here is one page where it is not working, we tried with requiring the email addy and without requiring it.

www.angelacreshorsehavenrescue.com/how-t...stang-sanctuary.html

Thank you,

Jo Deibel

12 years 4 months ago #33689

Could you do a screenshot of your custom field's options screen ?

Also, please activate the debug mode in the configuration of joomla and try again. If you get an error message that time, please paste it here. That would help us understand why it's not working.

12 years 4 months ago #33716

Attached is a screen shot. Thanks so much! Also, the recpients email does not show up on the orders page, but our other custom field does. I attached the orders page as well.

File Attachment:

File Name: ss_orders.jpg
File Size:38 KB

Attachments:

12 years 4 months ago #33737

Did you try to activate your debug mode ? Did you get any error ?

What if you try to unbpublish that custom field and create a new one, do you still have the same problem ?

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds