Hikashop Essential - Discount Error

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
12 years 11 months ago #12849

Hi Nicolas,

Our fishing fly shop discounts are all being calculated incorrectly - the basic 50% discount on all products is showing on the retail end at more like 61% discount now. I am using the latest version and have re-uploaded and applied this today having read some of the other reports about discount errors. But the problem is still there. Can you suggest what to do please.

As an add on to this - changing the basic discount figure in Discounts to 40% from 50% has no effect at all on the retail price. Changing it to 30% does force the retail price to change - so there is something screwed up in the system I think.

Regards
Chris

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by chris711.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
12 years 11 months ago #12851

A further test shows that any discount figure from 39% to 50% gives the same result - i.e. about 61% discount

• Thank you received: 13036
12 years 11 months ago #12880

Could you give a link to your website ? Could you as well do a screenshot of your discount settings so that we can try to reproduce the problem on our end ?

• Hikashop Business
12 years 11 months ago #12883

Will email you the links - also a login to Joomla so you can check settings yourself. Nothing has been changed in our setup for months so I do not expect it to be a settings issue.

Rgs
Chris

• Hikashop Business
12 years 11 months ago #12884

Have now run a test on our other site at www.blu-bay.co.uk where we have never used the discount facility. As soon as a discount of 50% is entered the same error is found - in this case a price before tax of £10.06 is discounted to £4.06 before tax.
This shop is a basic setup rather than essential so the error is present in both.

12 years 11 months ago #12920

That was a bug in the latest release that we fixed a few days later once we found out about it. I just updated your website with the new build (new build but same version number) and it works ok now.

• Hikashop Business
12 years 11 months ago #12932

Thanks Nicolas but unfortunately this has not fixed the problem at all. I have just checked and one example is an item with a product price before tax of £13.25 - on the front end the product is showing for sale at £5.30 excl VAT (it should be listing at £6.63 excl VAT with discount set at 50%). Which site did you apply the fix to? Blu-Bay or The Fly Factory? Fly Factory is where we use the discount system.

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by chris711.

• Hikashop Business
12 years 11 months ago #12942

Hi Nicolas,
I have restored the site back to version 1.4.7, which has corrrected the problem with the discounts, so the issue lies with the changes in 1.4.8. I will reinstall the new version when you confirm the bug is fixed.

12 years 11 months ago #12955

I had installed the new build of 1.4.8 on the fly factory.

When I went there first, the 38% discount was indeed not giving 38% discount but something like 50%. After updating to the new build, the prices had the correct 38% discount applied on the page you gave me the link to.

We don't have problems with the discounts on our end with the new build. We tested discounts on our end and they were applied to the prices with the correct amount, which means that if you still have a problem with discounts on the new build of 1.4.8, it must be another problem which we didn't find yet.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds