500 - An error has occurred

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 5 months ago #29554

Hello,

Need help as soon as possible, please!

Every time I want to amend any of the objects within Hikashop (payment methods or products) I get this error:

500 - An error has occurred. Layout "translation" not found

If I go to the Configuration I get this:
Warning: include_once(***/administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/cronreport.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ***/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php on line 625

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '***/administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/cronreport.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in ***/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php on line 625

Fatal error: Call to a member function display() on a non-object in ***/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/config/view.html.php on line 75

Can not do anything at this moment.

Please advice.

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by zoomyman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 5 months ago #29558

Hi,

That sounds like you had a commercial edition installed but that you installed over it the Starter edition. Is that the case ?
If yes, then you can just install the commercial edition over it and that will fix the problem.

12 years 5 months ago #29561

Any other way to fix the issue?

Re-upload all the files from the backup? Will I have to restore database as well?

12 years 5 months ago #29564

If you restore the files from the backup you should be good yes. You should not need to touch the database.

12 years 5 months ago #29570

Did not help

Affected areas are:

ctrl=product
ctrl=category&task=edit&cid[]=xxx
ctrl=plugins&task=edit&name=paypal&plugin_type=xxx
ctrl=config
ctrl=category&task=edit&cid[]=5
ctrl=discount
ctrl=category&filter_id=status

I have only restored the backend files (administrator/)

12 years 5 months ago #29571

You should first explain what you did to get these errors so that we can help you more. Did you install the wrong package ? Did you update something ?
Was it like that from the start ?

12 years 5 months ago #29575

Here is the story.

I have created a staging copy of the live website which is running starter (free) version of hikashop under public_html/staging. Then I have installed the cemmercial version over it (this commercial version does not belong to the domain name i heve installed it under), so I have got a message that I have to get an additional license for it, which if fair.

I than decided to uninstall it for a while while will be chosing the version I need (according to the functions included). I suspect that while I was creating a mirror of the live website under public_html/staging I did not update Joomla's conf file properly therefore the commercial version got installed to the public_html folder and not public_html/staging . Now I have a half working website: Front End is OK and Back End has got some areas broken:

ctrl=product
ctrl=category&task=edit&cid[]=xxx
ctrl=plugins&task=edit&name=paypal&plugin_type=xxx
ctrl=config
ctrl=category&task=edit&cid[]=x

Hope that makes sence.

ZoomyMan

12 years 5 months ago #29579

Why not just install the commercial edition on the live website ? That should fix these issues (of course, you should make a backup of the live website before in case something goes wrong).
Before doing that, you could also make a copy of the live website, install the commercial edition on that copy and see if that solves the problem and does not create other problems.

12 years 5 months ago #29582

The reason for that is tha I do not need the commercial version of the live website at the moment and also the Hikashop version I have got running on my live website has got a lot of modifications hardcoded (I was edeting files via FTP not via Views section at a back end) which will be a real pain to put back in place.

12 years 5 months ago #29583

Then, try to go in the table jos_hikashop_config and change the entry with the namekey 'level' with the value 0 via pohpmyadmin on your live website. That should disable the commercial edition functions.

12 years 5 months ago #29586

That is a great result! Changed to 0 and it works again! :woohoo:

Thanx a lot! I will be more careful next time.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds