Import Products "Related products"

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #4477

Hello,

I'm importing products to HikaShop Business Edition.

I've tried through CSV and TextArea, and both times I'm having the same problem.

Related products are not getting inside the database. The import is creating just one row on the database (hikashop_product_related) where product_related_id is 0.

Example:
images,product_code,product_name,categories,nombre,club,marca,posicion,related,dorsal,sleeve_shirt,tipo_pantalon,color_shirt,color_pant,sunglasses
rieragaia00_00001.jpg,product1,Riera de Gaia 00_00001,14,DANI MENGUAL APARICIO,RUNNERSWORLD TARRAGONA M,0:33:29,2,"product2,product3",444,0,0,0,0,0
rieragaia00_00002.jpg,product2,Riera de Gaia 00_00002,14,FERRAN DE TORRES BURGOS,RUNNERSWORLD TARRAGONA M,0:33:51,3,"product3",401,0,0,0,0,0
rieragaia00_00003.jpg,product3,Riera de Gaia 00_00003,14,FERRAN DE TORRES BURGOS,RUNNERSWORLD TARRAGONA M,0:33:51,3,"product2",401,0,0,0,0,0

I've tried different options, and the result is always the same.

Waiting for your answer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 3 months ago #4481

Hi,

That is indeed the case with the current release. If you import the CSV a second time, the products will have their related products fixed (with version 1.4.1 you have an option to option the products' information using the CSV data).
It's already fixed on our end and will be corrected for next release which is to come out today or tomorrow.
I also recommand you to revert the order of your products. The referenced product should be first and only then the product using it as a related product. Otherwise, even with the fix, the related link won't be inserted properly in some special cases (we import the products per batches of 50 products, so if a referenced product is in a following batch the current product won't have the link made properly unless you import your file a second time).

13 years 3 months ago #4487

Thanks!!!!

12 years 5 months ago #30076

Preparing CSV for import. I want to complete the "related" column with a view to having related products showing up in seperate window on front end. What I really want is CDs from same artist appearing in related items window. There is no explanation anywhere as to how the "related" column is populated. Because that information is lacking, I am not even sure if this is the best way to relate the products. For example, there may just be a better way of filtering using artist field if I create one in Display>> custom fields?

• Thank you received: 13069
12 years 5 months ago #30096

If you don't know how to fill a field of a CSV, just try with a real example via the interface of the back end and then do an export to see how that column is filled.
In the case of the related column, it's just the codes of the related products separated with commas.

To display the related products on product pages, you can follow the documentation there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#related

They will be displayed directly at the bottom of the product page.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds