buttons gone after upgrade to 1.4.2?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #4686

I don't know if this is a bug, however after upgrade to 1.4.2 the "add to cart" buttons on individual product page have disappeared.
No other parameters have been changed, other than importing language file.
Is this just my problem, or are others affected?

Running joomla 1.5.22 with rockettheme template

//Another question/request (that probably should be moved to antoher section): Users need a "back"-button to give them a chance to review pages before proceeding to chekout. This should be easy to add?//

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 2 months ago #4687

There is no reason that the add to cart buttons would disappear after updating. Are you sure that you didn't turn on the option "catalogue mode" in the configuration under the tab display ? That option removes the add to cart buttons everywhere and is used for when you don't want to sell your products but just showcase them.

I don't understand what you mean by "back" button ? Review pages before the checkout ?

13 years 2 months ago #4688

You were right, I must somehow have hit the catalogue mode option. Sorry … :blush:

I think a visible "back"-button would prevent buyers from "panicking" at check-out and let them return to the previous step and double-check.

Even more important would be an "update" option (not everyone knows the F5 etc.) when a user decides to use a different payment option or changes delivery address and so on.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 2 months ago #4689

First, there is the option "checkout progress bar" in the config under the tab display which enables you to display a progress bar of the checkout. Each step of the checkout is clickable so the user can go back and forth easily.

In next release, we will add an option which will be activated by default which will automatically submit the payment/shipping selection without the user having to click on the next button. In the mean time, you can look at that post to accomplish that: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...xtra-click.html#4620

13 years 2 months ago #4705

OK, thanks. I now understand that the checkout workflow needs to be configured manually for my needs.
For many new customers the default workflow will appear a bit too speedy.

13 years 2 months ago #4707

I agree. There needs to be one final invoice page for the customer to check all the order details are correct before redirecting to Authorize.net. And yes there should definitely be an update button please so my wife will get off my back about it.

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by bthayer.

13 years 2 months ago #4709

Yes I'm replying to myself here. After reading some of the older posts and the help files again I went with the "old school" flow and it is much better for new users. After seeing both flows I kind of wish that my wholesale customers could chose their own flow. That being said. I am very happy so far with my HikaShop Business Edition and the ACL in 1.4.2 has made a big difference for me. Thank you Nicolas!

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by bthayer.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds