Sales Tax again....

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 7 months ago #25355

I've GOT to be missing something somewhere. The sales tax worked at one point. I don't know if something moved during the latest upgrade or when I moved it to a new server, now it won't apply. We only collect sales tax for items SHIPPING to Texas (USA).

I've created a Tax Zone for texas, a state for texas and a tax category. Products show "Sales Tax for Texas Customer" in the product page, but it isn't computing and showing up on check out page.

www.texashorsehardware.com

Hikashops credentials are the same except you login at www.texashorsehardware.com/administrator now (they're off the demo server).

I can PM credential again if necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13070
12 years 7 months ago #25366

You shouldn't create a tax zone but directly use the state in the zone option of your tax rule.
You say that you created a state for texas, but there is already a state for texas in HikaShop. Are you sure that you did that ? Or did you mean something else ?

In any cases you should look at that FAQ which points out the different possibilities as to why a tax wouldn't be applied to a product:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ion-listing.html#faq

12 years 7 months ago #25385

I agree they should create a tax zone.

12 years 7 months ago #25423

Awhile ago I had deleted the state of texas and had to re-create it. I deleted the tax zone...still didn't work. Deleted the tax item itself and recreated it from scratch. It worked...but now have to assign that tax category to every product. HUNDREDS of products.

Is there away (without re-importing everything) to globally ssign this tax code to ALL PRODUCTS?

• Thank you received: 13070
12 years 7 months ago #25440

You can do it by running a MySQL query in your database using phpmyadmin:

UPDATE jos_hikashop_product SET product_tax_id=XX;

Of course, you need to replace jos_ by the table prefix you're using on your website and XX by the id of the tax category you created.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds