Unable to print an invoice or an order

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #28027

Hi,

I am using Hikashop Business and it is very important that my customers are able to print a tax invoice from the site but this function does not seen to work. When the print button is clicked from the order page a blank popup appears for a couple of seconds and then vanishes. When the print invoice button is clicked a popup appears but with no values and no button to press to print. I logged into your site to print an invoice of my Hikashop purchase to see how it worked but got this error (see picture). I am using Joomla 1.5.23 with HikaShop 1.5.4. I saw some other threads and downloaded todays version of software and installed it but there is no change,

regards
Michael

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 5 months ago #28049

Hi,

The invoice printing problem which was raised previously was in the back end.
You're the first one reporting the problem on the front end actually.
We've fixed the problem and uploaded a new install package which fixes that problem. If you download it again on our website and install it on yours it will work.

Thank you for reporting the problem.

12 years 5 months ago #28128

Thanks, the invoices now print in Safari on the Mac, I will now test on the PC, however, they still do not print from Firefox 7.01 on the Mac - the window just pops up and then vanishes,

regards

Mike

12 years 5 months ago #28130

Could you try to change the line:
$js = "do_nothing( function() {window.focus();window.print();setTimeout(function(){try{ window.top.document.getElementById('sbox-window').close(); }catch(err){ window.top.SqueezeBox.close(); }}, 50);});";
to:
$js = "do_nothing( function() {window.focus();window.print();setTimeout(function(){try{ window.top.document.getElementById('sbox-window').close(); }catch(err){ window.top.SqueezeBox.close(); }}, 2000);});";
in the file components/com_hikashop/views/order/view.html.php and try again with Firefox on your mac ?
Maybe the timing is too short for it.

12 years 5 months ago #28134

Many thanks, that fixes the problem

cheers

Mike

12 years 5 months ago #29985

Will this fix the problem in IE 9?

I find in IE 9 (with 1.5.3) the window opens temporarily and then closes, with no print window.

12 years 5 months ago #30006

It's working for us with that modification on IE9 (it was actually working on IE9 without that modification).

However, it could come from the fact that you don't have the latest version and thus you don't have the code window.focus(); on that line which is needed for IE9.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds