problem importing from a csv from another hikashop

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #29603

I am trying to export my store into a csv and then import the store into another shop that's exactly the same, but branded differently that I want to run in catalog only mode. The .csv file seems to partially import because all the categories seem to be there, but none of the products are there, only empty categories.

When I try to import the .csv file the screen also goes blank and never shows anything until I click a shortcut to reload the admin home page. Something obviously seems to be halting the import past the categories, but what?

Thank you for help with this! I am attaching the .csv file to see if maybe that helps identifying the problem? Perhaps it may indicated a problem with my first shop?

I did try to uninstall hikashop (including the DB tables) and re-installing and I get the same results.

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 5 months ago #29634

We didn't get any file.

If the screen goes blank during the import, it means that there is a problem. The most likely cause is that the file is too big. Is that the case ?

12 years 5 months ago #29655

It shouldn't be too large at 136K? Sorry, last time I attached to the wrong one. Here is the correct file. I'm open to suggestions?

File Attachment:

File Name: hikashopex...1110.csv
File Size:136 KB

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA
Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #29671

There is an error in your file.
All your products lines have 45 columns while there are only 44 headers.
Thus, it breaks the export.
That happens because there is an extra semi colon at the end of the products information lines.
If you open that file with open office calc and save it, that semi colon will be removed from the file and you should be able to import it.

12 years 5 months ago #29705

Would you have any idea why this is happening? I have excel and tried to re-save the file as a csv and it is giving me a lot of errors when importing it after doing that, I'm sure due to the extra semi colon. Is open Office Calc different in how it would treat the file?

But all I am doing is exporting this csv from a store that is up and working fine and then trying to import it into a different store and then just set it to catalog mode for now as a preview site. Shouldn't this be a seamless process with no possibility of error?

Thank you for your support!

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

12 years 5 months ago #29721

Looking further into it, that's a problem which happens only when you didn't create any characteristics on the shop where you're exporting.

We'll fix that.

In the mean time, you should open the CSV in openoffice calc and save it to remove the empty column.

12 years 5 months ago #29724

Thank you! And for anyone reading this thread, I tried Microsoft Excel to import a csv to re-save it. It did NOT fix this problem. Using Open Office Calc worked by simply opening and saving the file. Made me re-think how far open office has come!

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds