Problem with "magic tabs" in Product description.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #29658

I use "Magic Tabs" with "Core Design Scriptegrator plugin", all commercial versions and up to date.

If I use {magictabs}24:25:26{/magictabs} in Articles it shows tabs
(24, 25 and 26 are ID's from existing Articles).

But if I use it in the Product description the I got following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setState() on a non-object in
/home/sokartch/public_html/cms/plugins/content/cdmagictabs/cdmagictabs.php on line 576

I try it with few templates...

Info:

Following, if inserteg in the Product description, shows the tabs!

{magictabs}
TAB 01::Lorem ipsum dolor.
||||
TAB 02::Lorem ipsum dolor sit.
||||
TAB 03::Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.
{/magictabs}

Thank you in advance!

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sokartch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 5 months ago #29680

That's a problem in the magic tabs plugin which can only handle articles display in articles based on the way it's done.

You should try to find another plugin for that, or not use article ids and directly write your text in the product description.

12 years 5 months ago #29684

Give me a link to your website. I am using Magic-tabs with no problem. I will try to take a look and see what you are doing wrong. Here is a link to my website so you can see what it is suppose to look like. :)

Take a look

"It is by Caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the Beans of Java, that my thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by Caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.
RedTalkers Web Design, Development, SEO
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Wowakan.

12 years 5 months ago #29704

Wow, that's great. It's a good news then !

12 years 5 months ago #29749

Hi,

There is nearly nothing to see on front end... site isn't active and I learn HikaShop options...

Magic Tab function:
---
function getItem($aid = 0)
{
$application = JFactory::getApplication();

jimport('joomla.application.component.model');
$model = JModel::getInstance('Articles', 'ContentModel', array('ignore_request' => true));

$params = $application->getParams();

echo $params;
$model->setState('params', $params); /* ERROR */
---

$params values in OK case (for first tab):
---
{"article_layout":"_:default","show_title":"0","link_titles":"0","show_intro":"0","show_category":"0","link_category":"0","show_parent_category":"0","link_parent_category":"0","show_author":"0","link_author":"0","show_create_date":"0","show_modify_date":"0","show_publish_date":"0","show_item_navigation":"0","show_vote":"0","show_readmore":"1","show_readmore_title":"1","readmore_limit":"100","show_icons":"1","show_print_icon":"1","show_email_icon":"1","show_hits":"0","show_noauth":"0","category_layout":"_:blog","show_category_title":"0","show_description":"0","show_description_image":"0","maxLevel":"1","show_empty_categories":"0","show_no_articles":"1","show_subcat_desc":"1","show_cat_num_articles":"0","show_base_description":"1","maxLevelcat":"-1","show_empty_categories_cat":"0","show_subcat_desc_cat":"1","show_cat_num_articles_cat":"1","num_leading_articles":"1","num_intro_articles":"4","num_columns":"2","num_links":"4","multi_column_order":"1","show_subcategory_content":"0","show_pagination_limit":"1","filter_field":"hide","show_headings":"1","list_show_date":"0","date_format":"","list_show_hits":"1","list_show_author":"1","orderby_pri":"order","orderby_sec":"front","order_date":"published","show_pagination":"2","show_pagination_results":"1","show_feed_link":"1","feed_summary":"0","filters":{"1":{"filter_type":"BL","filter_tags":"","filter_attributes":""},"6":{"filter_type":"BL","filter_tags":"","filter_attributes":""},"7":{"filter_type":"BL","filter_tags":"","filter_attributes":""},"2":{"filter_type":"BL","filter_tags":"","filter_attributes":""},"3":{"filter_type":"BL","filter_tags":"","filter_attributes":""},"4":{"filter_type":"BL","filter_tags":"","filter_attributes":""},"5":{"filter_type":"BL","filter_tags":"","filter_attributes":""},"8":{"filter_type":"BL","filter_tags":"","filter_attributes":""}},"featured_categories":[""],"layout_type":"blog","menu_text":1,"page_title":"SokART 2D & 3D Gravuren","show_page_heading":0,"menu-meta_description":"sfgsdfgds","menu-meta_keywords":"sgfdgds","secure":0,"page_description":"SokArt 2D & 3D Gravuren","page_rights":""}
---

$params value in ERROR case (for first tab):
---
{"menu_text":1,"show_page_heading":0,"secure":0,"page_title":"e-Shop","page_description":"SokArt 2D & 3D Gravuren","page_rights":""}
---

BR PR

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sokartch.

12 years 5 months ago #29752

The problem is not with $params but with $model which is not created by the function JModel::getInstance

Maybe you could try to add the line:
JModel::addIncludePath(JPATH_BASE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_content'.DS.'models');

before that function call so that it loads the model from com_content and not com_hikashop (the code is a wild guess so it might not work).

12 years 5 months ago #29754

Wau, it's now running.

Congratulation!!!

BR PR

12 years 5 months ago #29761

Then that's something which should be reported back to magic tabs so that they include it in their next version. That will allow a greater compatibility with HikaShop and other extensions.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds