Desperately need help with images!

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #33589

I upload all of my products via csv file. This is how I control pricing, special offers, everything!
I currently have over 400 products loaded and since this is a new shop...(yet to be launched)...I am uploading updates on a daily basis.

My problem is this:
Every time I do a new upload, my images no longer show up. Names have not changed, locations have not changed...nothing has changed, but the images no longer show up. Having 400+ products and growing, I do not have time to go in and reload the photos every time I do an upload...which is something else I don't understand. Why am I having to go back to my computer to reattach the image when it is right there in Hikashop? Is this creating duplicate images and wasting my disk space? I should be able to go to my upload folder to attach the images.

This may very well be due to my lack of understanding, but I have searched every where I can think of to see if I am doing something wrong.

Any help you folks can offer will be greatly appreciated.

btw:
Hikashop 1.5.5
Joomla 1.7

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 3 months ago #33609

Hi,

You can attach images to products with the CSV import.
In your CSV, you need to specify the name of the image like that for example:

product_code,images
my_prod1,my_image1.png
my_prod2,my_image2.png

and make sure that my_image1.png and my_image2.png are in the upload folder of HikaShop: media/com_hikashop/upload

If that doesn't work, it means that there is something you didn't do correctly. But I can't say what as I would need more information on your process, like an extract of the beginning of your CSV.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #33660

You were exactly right. Some of my product image names did not match exactly and some of them did not transfer at all when I uploaded via FTP.

Thanks for the help.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds