Problem with categories listing module

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #34814

Hi Nicolas,

I'm new to Hikashop and have started setting up a shop here: beaches.simple-url.com .
If you click on collections, you will see that I've used a module to display the categories on the left hand side, with direct sub children. I've also used a menu to display the categories on the main page.
Initially, when I click on collections, the left menu shows "baby" and the sub categories for "baby". I can click on a subcategory and scroll to the product wihtout any problem. However,
when I then go to "clothing" on the left hand side, and click on the subcategory "all for kat", and then click back on baby, the module on the left hand side still shows "Clothing as the selected category" when it should switch back to "baby" and show the subcategories for "baby".
Another problem (which is probably linked), is when the page shows the products for the "all for kat" subcategory, when I click on the product in the middle, the module on the left hand side shows "floral" as the current category instead of showing "clothing" and it's fine with the 2 other items.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and would be very grateful if you could assist.
I've created a user for you.
Username: nicolas, password: nicolas.
Maybe I'm not using the right component to achieve what I want to achieve??
Thanks in advance.

fougyoum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
12 years 3 months ago #34832

Hi,

That's because you're using an old version of HikaShop. Just update to the latest version of HikaShop and it should work properly.

12 years 3 months ago #34862

Hi I have upgraded to the latest version but the problem is still happening...?

12 years 3 months ago #34886

Then I don't know. We're using the exact same module on our demo website and don't have the problem:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...e=&Itemid=78&lang=en

Did you modify the view file "listing_list" via the menu Display->views in some way ? Because that would explain why the modifications were not taking into account.

If no, please provide an FTP access and we'll look at the problem.

12 years 3 months ago #34908

Hi, no I have not made changes to the listing_list view :(
If you type beaches.simple-url.com/administrator and log in with username ****** and password ********, you'll be able to check it from there.
Is it enough or do you need FTP?
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it as I'm at a dead end!

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

12 years 3 months ago #34940

Hi,

That view file had been edited. That's why it didn't work. I've removed the customization file and it's working correctly now.

12 years 3 months ago #34966

Hi Nicolas,

I've checked and it works ok now. When I click on "baby", it shows the subcategories for "baby" and the left menu corresponds to what is displayed. Same thing when I click on "clothing" and when I click back on "baby". So it works at this level.

However, within the subcategory, for example when I click on "clothing" and on "all for kat", if I click on each of the products, the left menu does not stay on "clothing - all for kat" for all the items. I have also added another item to the subcategory "all for kat" called "test" and clicking on this product shows "baby" on the left menu. Clicking on the first product shows "bath/body/fragrance" etc...

??

Thanks for your assistance.

12 years 3 months ago #35002

Indeed that's normal because there is no check for that on the product page.
I've added a check for it. It's working like you want now.
I'll add that to next release as it's a nice addition.

12 years 3 months ago #35012

Thank you Nicolas! It's working perfectly now. Great support, very happy!

12 years 3 months ago #35013

oops I went to edit the file, and then I think I must have removed your changes... could you please add them again? then if I edit the file, I'll make sure that I save a copy of it before making my changes... Sorry!! :(

12 years 3 months ago #35048

You need to add the code:
if(JRequest::getString('ctrl','category')=='product'&&JRequest::getString('task','listing')=='show'){
$cid = JRequest::getInt('category_pathway',0);
}

after the code:
jimport('joomla.html.pane');
$found = -1;
if(JRequest::getString('option')==HIKASHOP_COMPONENT && in_array(JRequest::getString('ctrl','category'),array('category','product')) && $cid = JRequest::getInt('cid',0)){

in that listing_list file.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds