Bug in Generate products function

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #36769

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your help in using this function - I got it to work.

I have found a bug. When I have more than a few files or images (than the 5 or so that I was accidentally generating) in the folder and click on 'Import' the screen goes to the IE message: Page cannot be presented.

I had around 20 jpeg files in the folder. The size of the ones I imported as files was around 6 mb, the ones I imported as images were 60 kb.

I then use the back button, or close the tab and re-open my Joomla admin to navigate to the products which are there and work perfectly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #36877

Hi,

If you configured HikaShop to resize your full size images in the Files tab of the configuration, HikaShop will have to load each image in memory in order to resize it. That can eat a lot of resources when you start to have a lot of them, up until the limit your hosting company set to your website in the server configuration.
You should either:
Not set an "image width/height" in the configuration so that the images are not resized when imported
And/or import less images at once
And/or ask your hosting company to increase your resources limitations (memory_limit and max_execution_timeout settings)

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #36974

Thank you again!!

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds