Shipping and Google Merchant account

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 1 month ago #232085

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 41.0.2

Hello, I've connected hikashop to my Google Merchant account, but I get error from google - Missing Shipping Information.
The problem is that I am using custom shipping cost that entered manually for each product (see example in attachment). How can I transfer shipping prices to google? I input for this goals in your plugin for google merchant, but I don't know what I need to enter here (because shipping cost is different for each product)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 1 month ago #232088

Hi,

The shipping price per product system is not compatible with that because the structure required by Google is quite specific and it can't support dynamic shipping fees like we do with the UPS/USPS/FedEx plugins. So it requires that you enter manually the shipping fees with the structure they require for each product.
What you have to do is this:
- create a custom field of the table "product" and of the type "text" via the menu Display>Custom fields.
- enter the column name of tha custom field in the "Shipping" field of the Google Products plugin settings page.
- in each product, enter the shipping price of the product in that custom field according to this:

Rules must be separated by a comma. Each rule has four variables separated by a colon. For example, if you want two shipping methods for France, a standard one at 5 euros and an express one at 10 euros you should write: FR::Standard:5.00 EUR,FR::Express:10.00 EUR

You can read more about the format of that here:
support.google.com/merchants/answer/160162?hl=en
The country code is optional but if you don't specify it, it defaults to the country code of your Google Merchant account. So, as far as I know, you can't set a shipping price for all the countries like you can easily do in HikaShop.

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mypetfly

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 1 month ago #232193

This helped, thank you!

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 3 weeks ago #235031

Hi Nicolas,

I tried this method to get Google Shipping into XML feed but with no luck. Also tried just putting the text into the Google Products Plugin, Shipping field.

To recap; I have created a Custom field 'manulshipping' and populated with the text "GB:Free over 75 GBP:0.00 GBP,GB:Standard:5.99 GBP,GB:Next Day:12.00 GBP" then placed this in the Shipping field of the Google Products Plugin but still getting nothing in the XML.

Result
<item>
<g:id>11</g:id>
<title><![CDATA[ Seal 35mm ]]></title>
<g:link><![CDATA[ dev.ces-hire.com/index.php?option=com_hi...id=11&name=seal-35mm ]]></g:link>
<g:price>1.14 GBP</g:price>
<g:description><![CDATA[ Seal 35mm ]]></g:description>
<g:condition><![CDATA[ new ]]></g:condition>
<g:brand><![CDATA[ CES ]]></g:brand>
<g:google_product_category><![CDATA[ 1167 ]]></g:google_product_category>
<g:mpn><![CDATA[ CES213725004 ]]></g:mpn>
<g:product_type><![CDATA[ "Sales > Machine Spares" ]]></g:product_type>
<g:availability>in stock</g:availability>
<g:shipping_weight>0.15 kg</g:shipping_weight>
</item>

Can you suggest why nothing is being generated?

Joomla 3.4.8
HIkashop 2.6.1
PHP Version: 5.4.45
Browser: Chrome 49/Mac

8 years 3 weeks ago #235151

Hi,

First, there is a problem with your shipping text.
As you can see in the example I gave there are three : for each shipping fee. But I see only two of them in your shipping text. So it's invalid for Google and it will likely refuse your shipping text.

But looking at your XML, the shipping text is not even in it. So there is a problem with how the custom field is set.
Please provide:
- a screenshot of your custom field settings
- a screenshot of that product settings (with all the settings)
- a screenshot of the settings of your google products plugin
Something must be wrong in at least one of them.

8 years 3 weeks ago #235203

Hi Nicolas,

A little confused by the number of ":" required the Google docs ( support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en-GB ) says shipping(country:service:price) or shipping(country:price) which I interpret as GB:Standard:12.99 GBP or GB::17.80 GBP but as you say that is secondary as the values are not getting into the feed at present and I have tried both version with the same results.

Attached are screenshots as requested.

Attachments:

8 years 3 weeks ago #235214

Hi,

In the "shipping" setting of your plugin, you should either have your shipping text, or the column name of your custom field.
You have neither of those.
You have some text :
GB
Next Day
You should only have one line, with ":" and "," separators.

8 years 3 weeks ago #235308

Sorry seem to have sent you the wrong screenshot. But with either the custom field "manualshipping' or the text "GB:Standard:5.99 GBP" in the Shipping field no output is produced. Would you like access to the backend to see the issue?

8 years 3 weeks ago #235324

Yes please.
Please provide the access along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

8 years 3 weeks ago #235500

Hi,

I was able to check your backend.
As expected the problem came from what I had told you:
The column name in the shipping field of the plugin didn't match with the column name of the custom field. I(ve fixed it for you.
And the elements didn't contain 3 : for each shipping in the products.
I've done it for one product and it's in the XML now:
take.ms/VJ85V

The following user(s) said Thank You: spotstv

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
10 months 1 week ago #352402

Google products is still difficult to integrate even 7 years later, all my products get rejected because shipping isn't found.

I've Tried doing this and i get a column name is reserved error, google products isn't smooth to integrate. Even now 7 years later.

Seems no fields are found, title, shipping or even categories.

Can we get help to integrate please?

Attachments:

10 months 1 week ago #352405

Hi,

The "shipping" column name can't be used because HikaShop is using it internally. You need to choose another column name when creating your custom field.
For example, you could use instead "product_shipping".

Regarding the setup of the Google Products plugin, we'll need a screenshot of the settings of your plugin (you can blur/hide credentials if any) and a copy of the XML generated in order to tell you what's wrong and what to do.

• Hikashop Multisite
5 months 1 day ago #356944

I'm still having issues with this:

Limited performance due to missing value [gtin]

Attachments:

5 months 1 day ago #356963

Hi,

You need to create a custom field of the table "product" where you can store the gtin of each one of your products (you'll get the field when you edit each product in the backend).
Then, in the settings of the Google Products plugin, in the "gtin" field, enter the column name of the custom field and the generated XML feed will include the gtin of your products and you won't get that limited performance warning on the missing gtin.

• Hikashop Multisite
4 months 3 weeks ago #357192

Okay I'm lost. What? And do I have to do it for all these?

Attachments:

4 months 3 weeks ago #357208

Hi,

The error with the shipping_weight indicates that either:
- you didn't provide a weight in your products
- you provided a weight but not in the units accepted. In needs to be either in grams (g) or in pounds (lb)
So please check your products.

From what I read on support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324503?hl=en I understand that this should only be necessary if you have shipping methods configured in your Google Merchant Center settings.

• Hikashop Multisite
3 months 4 weeks ago #357898

We have our shipping weights and measurements on all our products, that's how we are able to ship world wide..... so that doesn't make sense.

• Hikashop Multisite
3 months 4 weeks ago #357899

all products have info, but you're telling me that we don't? and google isn't pulling all 217 product size, weights and dimensions?

Attachments:

3 months 4 weeks ago #357912

Hi,

I'm not saying you don't have weights and dimensions. I don't know. That's why I'm telling you to check.
Since that's not the reason, then we'll need more information to be able to understand what's going on because you're the first person to report this issue.
Please provide a copy of the XML file. A backend access in order to check your settings would be great too.
Also, could you provide the product code of one or two products with the issue ? Or is that error output for all the products ?
Also, if you could provide access to the Google Merchant account in order to try to reproduce the error, it would be great, but I suppose it will be difficult.
You can provide these via our contact form with a link to this thread for reference :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Multisite
3 months 3 weeks ago #357920

I'm sorry "Screenshot says what?"

Google products are available and the plugin should sync them seamlessly, but your saying.

So how would I do that, look all I"m saying is it should work without us having to "patch" or use custom fields to get it functional and if we should there should be a forum instructional area or perhaps instructions on the plugin page to get it running.

How do we move forward from here?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds