Shipping on Address Step

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #6731

I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design, but it seems unintuitive (at least for me).

My current checkout work flow is: login,address_cart,shipping_cart,payment_cart_fields_status_confirm,end

At the Address step, there is already a Shipping amount shown in the cart underneath the address area. This shipping amount may or may not be valid for the selected address. It seems that a better solution would be to not display any shipping information in the cart until the Shipping step is reached.

An example would be a customer with both a local and international address, as is very likely in my sales area. If the shipping amount in the initial cart display (Address step) is based on the local address, but the customer changes the shipping address to his international location, the amount is not updated in the cart and might not even be a valid choice for the change in address.

It would seem more logical for any work flow that has separate Address and Shipping steps, to not include the shipping amount in the cart until the Shipping step has been reached.

Regards,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 1 month ago #6734

:)

That's funny because you see, few months ago hikashop wasn't displaying the shipping until you had entered an address and people were complaining that their customers didn't know the shipping fees from step 1, as required in some countries. So we made a lot of changes to the checkout to allow that.

Now you want it the other way around...
Why not just remove the cart from the address step ?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #6737

I just read your reply to a similar thread where you explained how the default shipping amount is calculated. I wasn't aware that it comes from the default tax zone. I might try the geolocation idea and if that doesn't work out, I'll just remove the cart from that step as suggested.

Thanks,
Ed

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds