Problem with custom fields

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 10 months ago #20683

Hello,

In my webshop I'm using custom fields and different options with eachother. I want the custom fields information to be send with the main product, this is working ok, but the custom field information is also send with the chosen options. Let me be more specific: the different values entered in the custom fields are only shown at the main product (which is good), but the custom field names are shown at every product I choose via my options (check attachment). I dont want the custom fields names to be shown at the options, because it has no direct relation to the option and has no values.

Can anyone please help me out with this issue?

Greetings

Dizma

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
12 years 10 months ago #20700

That should not happen if you use the latest version of HikaShop. So please check that and update if you don't have the latest version.

12 years 10 months ago #20709

Last time my Hikashop was up to date. Now there was a new version and I updated it.
Indeed in the new shop the custom field names dont show in the checkout progress.

But now it shows in the cart the same way as I described above at the checkout, It doesnt matter what I do it shows in the cart.

And even worse, all the products I have linked the last weeks are not linked correctly. If you go to the product gallery all the products show, but when I press on the link to the product an empty page appears. How is this possible? Or more immportant how can I restore this the way it was?

When I add a new product it will show properly btw.

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by smedia.

12 years 10 months ago #20711

We didn't do that modification for the cart module. You need to edit the file "cart" of the view product via the menu Display->Views and change the lines:

$namekey = $field->field_namekey;
												echo '<p class="hikashop_cart_item_'.$namekey.'">'.$this->fieldsClass->getFieldName($field).': '.$this->fieldsClass->show($field,$row->$namekey).'</p>';

by:
											if(!empty($row->$namekey)){
												$namekey = $field->field_namekey;
												echo '<p class="hikashop_cart_item_'.$namekey.'">'.$this->fieldsClass->getFieldName($field).': '.$this->fieldsClass->show($field,$row->$namekey).'</p>';
											}

The links to the product page have been changed in the latest version. But you should not have any problem as the links on the products listings are generated by HikaShop so it also uses the new way. If you want to restore the old way of generating the links, you need to change the file components/com_hikashop/router.php with the previous version of that file that you can find in the folder front of your previous version install package.

12 years 10 months ago #20718

Thnx for the quick help. The router.php does the trick : ) May I ask what the difference is between the old and the new?

I inserted the php into the cart and it works ok. Now the webshop is ready to go online! : )
Once again thnx for the help!

12 years 10 months ago #20720

The new router.php file generates smaller URLs, something which was requested a lot by users previously.

On a side note: you should always make a backup before updating something on a website even if you don't have problems with it usually :)

12 years 10 months ago #20788

Hmmm... that does make a difference. Is it possible to combine the two together?
By this I mean, that it can read the old and the new way, but it configurates only new.

This way I can keep the old ones and the new ones will be shorter urls.

12 years 10 months ago #20801

You can't keep both at the same time. It's just not possible.

12 years 10 months ago #20802

Ok! Then that's not an option.

Thnx for the reply!

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds