Download zip-file corrupt

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 7 months ago #25196

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the zip-files that my customers download through my webshop. The zip-file appears to be corrupted ('Cannot open the file: it does not appear to be a valid archive'). The files I have uploaded were correct and even when I get the same file by using ftp it's working fine. Something must be happening to the files when using the download via Hikashop.

Have you got an idea what might cause this problem? It's not just one file, it's concerning all zip-files.

Greetz,

Arjen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 7 months ago #25198

Hi,

Here is the probable cause: kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/150/
It's probably because your apache server is configured to force the mime type in the headers of the HTTP responses or force the gzip encoding. It might be done in the httpd.conf or in a htaccess file or in the config of joomla.
You should try the solution proposed in that page, check the gzip option of joomla and ultimately contact your hosting company regarding your apache server configuration regarding gzip and mime types.

We use the exact same upload/download system on our website and no one has such problem when downloading our install packages which are also zipped so I believe that it's not a bug in HikaShop.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 days ago #48282

You should try tool below it will help you

zip repair

program restores corrupted .zip archives by reason of crc errors, corrupted zip file from Internet - your case, viruses and so on.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds