HELP! the category chooser not working!

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #27739

Hi,
Joomla 1.53
Hikashop 1.5.4

when we go to create a menu item to a product list of a certain category. we click to open the category choice and the modal shows and when we click on the category nothing happens.

its also weirdly defaulting to one particular one no matter what we do. enclosed is a screen shot of the modal. I also have Hika installed on a J1.7 site and when you click the category the modal closes and the category is selected. I was not sure if this worked this way in the 1.5 version or not...

any help would be appreciated.
MM

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by MinnieMouse. Reason: enclosed as file instead of img accidentally

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #27740

so this may be a FF issue, I tried in Safari and it worked perfectly.

here is what i was using:
Firefox 7.0.1

also not working in chrome: 14.0.835.202

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by MinnieMouse.

• Thank you received: 13075
12 years 6 months ago #27757

When you click on one of the category names on the left explorer, it displays the sub categories of that product on the right listing. As the category does not have any sub categories, you don't see anything on the listing. So far so good.
On your screenshot, you should click on "product category", then on the right listing of categories, you should click on the name of the category (and not in the explorer of the left) and that will add the category.

12 years 6 months ago #27758

yes that it is how it should work... but it doesnt. you click and click and nothing happens. i finally got it to work in Safari. there is no way to take a screen shot of nothing happening...

thanks, Liz

12 years 6 months ago #27759

It's working on all the browsers for everyone else so it's strange. You can try on our demo website. It works on any browsers: demo.hikashop.com/adminsitrator

12 years 6 months ago #27760

hmmm ... it doesnt work for other users of my site either. i wonder if its something installed that causing a javascript conflict. will look into it thanks!

12 years 6 months ago #27763

nicolas, something else strange is happening on another site. this one Joomla 1.7.
i have a link to a category product list. and no matter what i do i cant turn the border on and off or affect other display options. when i look at the menu link item it has a little lock next to it. when i do a global checkin it stays locked (i am the only user). when i click the lock it goes away only to reappear after i save the item.

any ideas??
thanks!!

12 years 6 months ago #27764

You can access the hikashop options of your menu/module via the menu Display->Content menus/modules in HikaShop.
Since you're using a category listing menu, you have the hikashop options of your menu to control the display of sub categories and the hikashop options of the associated module of your menu to control the display of the products.

12 years 6 months ago #27765

ahhh i think i see thanks. i changed it to a product listing and then it did what i wanted.
thanks again for your help!!
Liz

12 years 6 months ago #27771

okay another one for you.. i am trying to display a page heading on a product listing page. i have set the page display options> show page heading to yes and included a heading text. but the page has no heading on it. the browser header works but not the page header.

12 years 6 months ago #27777

The page heading input text option is not taken into account by HikaShop. HikaShop will either display the current category name or the title of the menu based on the option "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" of your menu.

12 years 6 months ago #27783

its not displaying either.

12 years 6 months ago #27800

Could you do a screenshot of your menu settings ?

12 years 6 months ago #27851

nicolas, here are some screen shots. alternatively, if i could figure out which template controls the main display of that page (and not the item loop) i could just stick a header in the template..

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by MinnieMouse.

12 years 6 months ago #27852

i think there is something wrong in the product/listing.php template. this code:

<div id="<?php echo $this->params->get('main_div_name');?>" class="hikashop_category_information hikashop_products_listing_main">
<?php
if(version_compare(JVERSION,'1.6','<')){
$title = 'show_page_title';
}else{
$title = 'menu_text';
}
if($this->module){
$title = 'showtitle';
}
if($this->params->get($title) && JRequest::getVar('hikashop_front_end_main',0) && (!$this->module || $this->pageInfo->elements->total)){
$name = $this->params->get('page_title');
if(($this->module)){
$name = $this->params->get('title');
}
?>
<h1>
<?php echo $name; ?>
</h1>

does not even show the h1 tags. further $name is an empty value. if i insert above the container div a head tag.. it shows it for both the main product listing and then repeats it again for the submodule section.

12 years 6 months ago #27871

Mmm. I'm a bit lost here. What do you mean by "if i insert above the container div a head tag." ?

I see that in your menu's hikashop options, you have a module enabled for the "associated modules" option. For a products listing menu, you don't need an associated module since it's the menu itself which displays the listing of products.

12 years 6 months ago #27874

if i do this in the product/listing.php page:
<h1>hello world</h1>
<div id="<?php echo $this->params->get('main_div_name');?>" class="hikashop_category_information hikashop_products_listing_main">

hello world is printed at the top of the page and at the top of where the submodules should be displayed if there is one.

i dont get the whole associated module thing i was able to turn it off in safari, not FF (again i think something weird is going on there). it did not make a difference.. there is still no header appearing.

12 years 6 months ago #27897

Hard to say anything. I would need a back end access in order to check your settings and maybe debug the problem.

12 years 6 months ago #28067

okay how do i get you the login info etc...?

12 years 6 months ago #28096

You can either PM me or use our contact form.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds