Thank you for your order message

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #27869

The "Thank you for your order" message is not displaying the same as all the other system messages, meaning the placement and formatting on the page.

All the other system messages show up in a very clear solid colored div (I'm assuming) at the top of the page centered with large bold text.

The "Thank you for Your Order" text is small, left justified on the page with no background color so it's very hard to see. I'm thinking that this is a bag as it's the only system message that shows up this way. Can you guide me to where this can be changed in the code to look the same as the other messages?

Thank you!

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13077
12 years 6 months ago #27884

It actually depends on your payment method. Which payment plugin are you using ?
With most of them, that message is displayed as a joomla message.
However, for authorize.net for example, that message is displayed as a normal text.
You can change it by editing the file plugins/hikashoppayment/authorize_thankyou.php

12 years 6 months ago #27886

I'm using PayPal Pro. Is it the same idea as the Authorize.net one?

I'm looking at the PayPal Pro one... and it seems it must be edited by CSS? I'm not exactly where it;s placement is defined regardless of either CSS or plain text.

I'm also wondering if the "go back to shop" with a link message should show up, because it;s not doing that either?

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by michaelbuttitta. Reason: More information

12 years 6 months ago #27888

Yes. It's the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalpro_thanks.php

12 years 6 months ago #27894

I'm looking at the PayPal Pro one... and it seems the formatting must be through CSS? I'm not exactly sure where it's placement is defined on the page regardless of either CSS or plain text, and I just dug through both the front and back end css files and see no reference to the styles there?

I'm also wondering if the "go back to shop" with a link message should show up, because it's not doing that either?

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

12 years 6 months ago #27896

The code is:
echo JText::_('THANK_YOU_FOR_PURCHASE');

if you want to display it as a joomla message, you should have instead:
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->enqueueMessage(JText::_('THANK_YOU_FOR_PURCHASE'));

The go back to shop button is only displayed when you configure a return URL in your payment plugin's options.

12 years 6 months ago #27898

The message part worked perfectly, thank you!

So now the only question is the return URL. If there is no return URL indicated, it stops on the thank you page and does nothing. If I include the return URL, as soon as it hits the thank you page it then re-directs to the return url with almost no delay. Is this the expected coding for this? I would really prefer for the customer to see the thank you message and click on the return URL themselves... is this possible?

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

12 years 6 months ago #27899

Sure. Just comment the javascript bit of code which does the redirect:
$doc->addScriptDeclaration("do_nothing( function() {window.location='".$return_url."'});");

Note that you will loose these modifications when you update HikaShop so make sure you do a backup.

12 years 6 months ago #27900

Yes, that worked, but as it was previously doing, putting this return URL message at the very top. What is the coding to do a line break and include this below in the system message area as well?

Sorry for so many questions, but every time I change something, more questions pop up and I am not very proficient in PHP yet, only Cold Fusion which is nothing similar I am afraid.

Thank you so much for all the help!

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

12 years 6 months ago #27901

Well, it's the same modification...
Instead of:
echo '<br/><a href="'.$return_url.'">'.JText::_('GO_BACK_TO_SHOP').'</a>';

you can do:
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->enqueueMessage('<br/><a href="'.$return_url.'">'.JText::_('GO_BACK_TO_SHOP').'</a>');

7 years 10 months ago #242052

Hello dear moderator - I'm from Russia and the forum for the first time seems to have found a suitable thread for your questions are used hikashop business I have a strange Store There are no fees and delivery only basket authorization and the end of the order I need to be Please help talk about how to do so after the end of the order the message thanks for the order? thanks for the answer

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds