Problem with dropdown menu on characteristics

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #32016

Hi,

I am new to HikaShop and am having an issue with the characteristics dropdown on the product details page. It seems to be buggy on all browsers, and is not working correctly.

You can see my page here: www.stillwalks.com/beta/index.php/walks/.../category_pathway-12

Can anyone shed any light on this and/or where I would go in the file structure/code to sort this/style etc?

Many thanks

Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 4 months ago #32044

Hi,

It seems to come from the video in the description of your product.
You should try that modification:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...n-content.html#17476
That might help.

12 years 4 months ago #32063

Hi thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately that does not seem to work, have the same issue still. In fact if you look at a page without a video I get the same problem:

www.stillwalks.com/beta/index.php/walks/.../category_pathway-12

Any other ideas?

12 years 4 months ago #32091

It works now ok on google chrome and IE on my end.
I still see a problem in Firefox which comes from the fact that there is a onclick instead of a onchange event on the dropdown.
By default in HikaShop there is a onchange. So it means that either you're using an old version of HikaShop or that you changed something in HikaShop or that something on your website is changing it.

12 years 4 months ago #32092

Thanks Nicolas,

I was using version 1.5.4 but have just updated to 1.5.5 and still have the same problem. Yes it is working in Chrome, but Firefox and Safari both show the same issue. I have not done any modification to the HikaShop or anything weird in Joomla, its just a pretty standard Joomla installation.

Can you tell me exactly where I need to go to find the exact code for the dropdown, so I can take a look. Struggling to find this even with Firebug.

Thanks

Jason

12 years 4 months ago #32129

The dropdown is displayed by the file adminsitrator/components/com_hikashop/types/characteristic.php

Looking deeper at the issue, I think that this could happen if you changed the option "Characteristics selection method" to "table" instead of "dropdown" and that you don't have 2 characteristics in your products.
If that's the case, you should change that option back to dropdown and that should fix the problem.

12 years 4 months ago #32240

Thanks Nicolas, changing that to dropdown has solved the issue.

I am trying to also style the drop down and characteristics title on the Show Product page, could you please tell me where to change the css etc for this.

Many thanks again

12 years 4 months ago #32281

You can add your CSS in the front end CSS file of HikaShop that you can edit via the Display tab of the configuration.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds