Products listing blank : nothing

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #46025

Hello folks,

I've come to try Hikashop, which seems cooler and simpler than VM. Doc is well done and straight forward, which is valuable. :)

But for the simple thing i wanna do, i just got headaches... Please Help ! :unsure:

I want to have a menu item pointing to the Hika product listing
I created 3 products in a new category. BTW, what is "2 product category", the PARENT category ?
Nothing is displayed on the front end but the Hikashop Trademark. :blink:

BTW, a confusing thing ...After saving Menu Content, all fields get reset. It makes testing very difficult in my opinion.

Config :
J2.5.3 on a local xampp server PHP 5.2.8
hikashop starter installed
other extensions installed too, among them is virtueMart, may that cause conflicts ?

Thanks for helping, this component really seems cool....

edit : i have the same symptoms than described in this topic

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by adrien5555.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13092
12 years 1 month ago #46135

If you can't save the hikashop options of your menus it might be due to a cookie/cache issue on your browser. Please try with another browser to see if that helps.

Regarding the creation of a listing of products, the simplest is to create your menu by following the tutorials on that page:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html

12 years 1 month ago #46165

I am having the exact same issue, when I try to create a Products Listing and set the associated category, it will not save and reset itself back to "2 product category" whenever I press the save button. It is not a browser issue as I have tried 3 different browsers with same issues. Also have cleared all temp files, cache, cookies, etc.

12 years 1 month ago #46174

hello Nicolas & mjokc,

after testing a fresh joomla install with Hikashop, product listing and saving the settings was working perfectly.

So i uninstalled VM and Hikashop, reinstalled Hikashop, recreated a menu item, and from then, saving was working and the rpoduct listing display well.

• Thank you received: 13092
12 years 1 month ago #46175

@mjokc : You must not be selecting the category properly in the popup.
Please make sure that you click on the category name on the RIGHT area, not in the explorer on the left which will only display the sub elements of your category.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds