RESOLVED:Fatal Errors with Plugins. HShop Related?

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 11 months ago #50798

Hi Team HikaShop,

Not sure if this should be in Bug Report or not...

BACKGROUND:
I am back working on my website to update Joomla [new site in test folder now with Joomla 2.5.4] and add E-commerce. I am working with a template [hotjoomla templates - Great Support] that I did a hot install because this template has the new Virtue Mart. Install went fine and can see VM shop perfectly. I however, have decided to go with HikaShop as I am more comfortable with your great support as well. HikaShop is installed and I have been messing around to get back into Joomla [couple of years since i build original site] as well as start to learn HS.

PROBLEM:
I created one product page [with one uploaded photo 300kb] tied to my top menu to start learning HS. First thing I noticed is that this page takes forever to load. Note that I did add a large number of characteristic choices to this product which results in over 2000 variants. [don't know if this is related to slow load time or not].

CRASH #1:
Crashed website when added second watermarked image to ballerina product page. Don't know if water mark had anything to do with it, but when I removed second image, page was back online. Error message:
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 22234071 bytes) in <b>/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/plugins/system/sef/sef.php</b> on line <b>34</b><br />

CRASH #2:
Second time crash same page with one watermarked image plus after adding product dimensions.. Also this product page is still very slow to open up. When remove dimensions page opens ok. Plus if I leave dimensions on product page but turn off "dimensions display" on HS Config/Display... page opens ok. Error Message: <br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19249249 bytes) in <b>/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/plugins/system/sef/sef.php</b> on line <b>39</b><br />

CRASH #3:
Third Crash after installing Modules Anywhere Plugin. I created a new article and inserted a banner module into it. Then I created a menu item on my Main Menu

so I could access this article to see the plugin at work. After crash, I tried to first unpublish the menu item without success. Then I tried to unpublish the article - didn't work. Then I tried to remove the module from the article - negative. Lastly I deleted the article completely still no success. Finally I unpublished the two MA plugins and page came back online. Error Message:
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8376263 bytes) in <b>/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/plugins/system/modulesanywhere/helper.php</b> on line <b>211</b><br />

Does anyone know why this is happening and what I should do to resolve the problem? Could these crashes be HikaShop related as I am seeing them on product page? Note that on Cpanel I have close to 500MB free space. Also, this error was not on my home page.

Thanks

Scott

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by scottshort. Reason: RESOLVED

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #50820

That's because you have too many variants. Above a few hundreds, it's too much.
If that's the case, it means that you're not using the good tool for the job.

Characteristics allows you to handle prices/stocks/etc on a per variant basis.
So all the data of all the variants have to be loaded on the product page.

Besides that you have options, which add products to other products like that:
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...ow&Itemid=91&lang=en
With options, you have a lot more dropdowns displayed on the product page as the data of the product is not handled per option value. Only the price of the option value selected is added dynamically on the price.

Finally, you also have custom fields of the table "item" which allow you to add dropdowns (and a lot more other types of fields) to the product page. Custom fields don't change the price, or anything else. They just add selections to the product.

I'm guessing that most of your characteristics should be either options or custom "item" fields.
That will avoid the performances issues that you have.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 11 months ago #50834

Ok Thanks Nicolas. I removed a number of the characteristics and page is loading much faster. I will study more on Characteristics, Options, Filters & Fields next. I thought I read about options somewhere but a search of "options" on your docs page pulls up nothing. Can you point me to the tutorial on how and where to create an option?

Regards

Scott

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by scottshort. Reason: typo

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #50845
The following user(s) said Thank You: scottshort

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds