Product thumbnails not displaying in checkout

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #64874

Ok so I convinced my client to buy the full business edition of Hikashop because there are about 1000 products that I need to add and I wanted to use the 'Import products from folder' option to speed the process up.

I started by resizing all the images to 640x480 and saving them as lightly compressed jpgs. I then made sure that the thumbnail and image sizes where set the way I wanted (this was trial and error to get just right and I had to start over because I messed it up the first time).

SO, now the problem that I am having now is that when you proceed to checkout, the thumbnails that appear next the products are missing. I checked the links with Firebug and the path is: ‘src="/media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnail_75x100/’

The problem is that, that particular folder does not exist. There are a whole lot of others for varying sizes which can get confusing. Anyway, I'm not sure what it going on now. When I was testing the shop before loading the full version the thumbnails were working fine when I manually loaded a few test products.

I'm worried that this problem is connected with the bulk importing. I hope not because I really need that feature to work otherwise it's going to take me years to setup this shop.

Please help! Thanks ;)

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by kaithai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 7 months ago #64885

Hi kaithai,

I will a little bit more information to spot your problem.
First of all, I'm not sure I understand everything in your explanation but could you tell me where you put your images? In the folder media/com_hikashop/upload?
Second thing is, what are the options you set in the main configuration? I guess it's 75*100 but I want to be sure.
Finally, Are you using the last version of Hikashop? Since we changed the way Hikashop is handling thumbnails, this may be the source of the problem.

11 years 7 months ago #64895

Hi Eliot, thanks for your quick response. I am using the latest business version of Hikashop 1.6.0. I uploaded all the images using the 'Import products from folder' so I didn't manually place them in any particular folder, it happened automatically during that process. Delete files automatically was set to 'yes' - hope that is right.

Thumbnail width is 100x100, Product page image is set to 200x200 and the Zoom image width and height is set to 640x480. I made a mess of this too start with and had to fiddle around a lot to get the desired result.

I'm sorry man, I'm a bit of a noob but doing my best to figure this all out. Let me know how I can assit you further.

11 years 7 months ago #64901

Could you tell me what are the folders you have in media/com_hikashop/upload/ ?
You should try to download the last version of Hikashop again and reinstall it. If it doesn't work, just PM an access to your backend and FTP so I can check and fix this bug :)

11 years 7 months ago #65092

It seems the last version fixed it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kaithai

11 years 7 months ago #65147

That is great news, thank you for all your help again! :)

• Thank you received: 10
11 years 7 months ago #66109

I'm having the same problem. Where can I get the update?

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 7 months ago #66111

Via the menu Your account->Your subscriptions on our website.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds