Characteristics and Product Images Problem

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #65137

Hi

I am testing the latest hikashop update on a dummy of my site before applying it to the live site...

Where I have a Product where a user can select different characteristic (eg the length of a fence post: 1.2m, 1.5m, 1.8m) I am getting duplication of the products image below the product description.

If a Product has four characteristic options I will get four duplicates of the Product image in a vertical list

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #65144

Hi,

Can you send me screenshots of this and the link of your website ?

11 years 7 months ago #65157

The link to a product on the live website

www.tswservices.co.uk/staplelok-fencing-...ory_pathway-101.html

Attached a screenshot of the same page on a wampserver after the latest hikashop date

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 7 months ago #65300

Hi,

The link you provided doesn't work. Could you double check the URL please ?

11 years 7 months ago #65311

tswservices.co.uk/staplelok-fencing-system/staplelok-fencing-components-and-parts/product/554-staplelok-system-fencing-post.html

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Pit Pony.

11 years 7 months ago #65511

Hi,

I checked that page but I don't see any image duplication below the main image.
Can you do a screenshot of what you see ?
Did you try with another browser ?

11 years 7 months ago #65900

The link I sent would not show errors as I did not want to upload the latest version of hikashop onto the live site until I had found a solution...

In a previous posting I sent a screenshot of the errors that occur when I tested hikashop 1.6 on a local version of wampserver...

I have now updated the live site to hikashop 1.6, so if you try the link again you will see the problem...

tswservices.co.uk/staplelok-fencing-system/staplelok-fencing-components-and-parts/product/554-staplelok-system-fencing-post.html

Thanks

11 years 7 months ago #66013

It seems to come from the fact that you had overrode the file show or the file show_block_img of the view product via the menu Display->Views so you didn't get the new modifications for these views.
You should try to remove these modifications via the menu Display>Views and reapply them on the new version of the view file.

11 years 7 months ago #66105

Hi

Have now sorted image duplication... :-) but in doing so I can foresee a problem as hikashop develops new features...

I have overrode many views in my site, these views are obviously protected from being over written in an update...

If a new feature is added to a view file in an update that has previously been overrode, I will not be able to see the new feature until I have reapplied my modifications to the new version of the view file ...

I apologies if I have overlooked it, but is a list of altered views and associated new features published at the time of each upgrade...

Thanks

11 years 7 months ago #66361

There is no such list.
For such big update as we did with the 1.5.9-1.6.0, almost all the views on the front end have been changed in some way.
Usually, we try to keep backward compatibility, so you don't have problems when you update, even though you don't get the new features.
With the badges feature, we had to modify the images display in a way which couldn't be backward compatible, thus the problem you had.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds