Custom Items (File Type) don't show in cart

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #65195

I just purchased the Business version of Hikashop 1.6. I have two custom fields (file type) and when you upload a file with the order, they don't show up in the cart/checkout process. I have done everything you all have mentioned in other threads. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong? This is URGENT because I need my customers to see (per product) the file(s) they have uploaded as part of their order.

The page where it does NOT work (version 1.6) is: flyersasap.com/frequently-asked-questions/flyer-printing.html
The page where it DOES work (version 1.5.8) is: banners.cloudaccess.net/shop/flyer-printing

Please let me know ASAP!

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 7 months ago #65345

Hi,

It might be a problem of update but it's hard to say more without more information. One thing I can say is that this still works for for us on our end with the 1.6.0, so it has to be something on your website.

I could recommend that you try to turn on the debug mode option of the configuration of joomla and see if you get an error message when adding the product with the upload file to your cart.

11 years 7 months ago #65351

I think you are misunderstanding my question. The custom items show up in the card, but they don't show up under the "item", they only show up at the order level. SEE THE SCREENSHOT ATTACHED TO THIS POST.

Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #65352

No I'm not misunderstanding you (there is no need to use uppercase).
The Front1 custom field is an "order" custom field that you created which is different from the front custom field that you have on the product page and which is an "item" custom field.
The fact that you don't get the file under the item is not related to having that other custom field displayed on the checkout. If you don't want that field, you can just unpublish it...

Now, please turn on the debug mode option of the configuration of joomla and see if you get an error message when adding the product with the upload file to your cart.

11 years 7 months ago #65353

It shows up the same way whether I choose "Item" or "ORder" . What you see in the screen shot is after trying it both ways. So when I choose "Item" type for the custom field , it still doesn't show up in the "cart" under the item.

11 years 7 months ago #65354

Your question seemed urgent, so I'm trying to help before going to bed (it's already 1am here) but you still didn't answer my request.

Please turn on the debug mode option of the configuration of joomla and see if you get an error message when adding the product with the upload file to your cart.

Without any error message, I can't say why it doesn't work for you and thus can't help you. Please help me help you...

11 years 7 months ago #65362

I did that. In fact here is what I did: I created one file upload item of type "order" and one of type "item". Only the one of type "order" ended up showing up after checkout. I don't see any errors or anything. Sorry , this is just very frustrating because it clearly works in the older version of Hikashop I was using. Please show me a Hikashop site running 1.6 in which this feature is working.

Thanks.

11 years 7 months ago #65363

I'm telling you that it's working for us with 1.6.0
You can try on that website: test.hikashop.com/index.php/component/hi...product/1-iphone-6gs
It's one of our test websites. I've just added a custom item field and it uses the 1.6.0 version and it's working fine.

11 years 7 months ago #65368

Hello, I figured it out. The issue was that the "Mini Cart" Option was set to "No" when it needed to be "Yes". I'm not familiar with what that option means, but after changing that , it works. Thanks and I appreciate your attentiveness!!! Great support

11 years 7 months ago #65394

Great. I'm glad you found out a solution for you !

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds