Purchase does not confirm after PayPal completion

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 7 months ago #66292

When a user completes a payment in PayPal, the site never updates to "confirmed". I read through the documentation about notifications , and I believe I have done all of those with no luck. I am running Admin Tools as my firewall, and they have a section that talks about [url=CSRF/Anti-spam form protection (CSRFShield)]this very issue[/url], and I have followed those instructions. (It is in the "CSRF/Anti-spam form protection (CSRFShield)" section).

So I think I am stuck. Any help?

(Is there a premium support option here? I don't mind paying something reasonable to get this worked out sooner rather than later...)

Joomla 1.5.26
Hikashop 1.6.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #66338

Hi,
Can you show me how did you configured you Paypal method with a screenshot ?

• Hikashop Business
11 years 7 months ago #66423

Sure, thanks! (By the way, I have tested with the "Return Method" both off and on.)

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13083
11 years 7 months ago #66477

Hi,

Please try to deactivate Admin Tools and see if that helps for new orders.
If so, then you might have missed something in the configuration of Admin Tools.

If that still doesn't solve the problem, you should activate the debug mode of the payment plugin, do a purchase and look at the payment log of the Files tab of the configuration. That will give traces of what's going on with the notifications.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 7 months ago #66538

Thanks - here are the results of the tests:

1) Disabled Admin Tools plugin and unpublished component - Did not work. Order still only shows as "created" rather than confirmed.

2) I kept both the plugin and component unpublished, and turned on debug mode. However, the report says, "The log file is empty [location of log file]".

So I think I am still stuck...

11 years 7 months ago #66659

Please check that the log file exist and that it is writable via FTP and try again.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 7 months ago #66673

I looked and there was no logs folder at all. So I created the logs folder and tried again, but still no file. (I didn't know if the system would create the file)

So I created a blank file with the name that the system appeared to be searching for. It had permissions of 644. Did not work.

11 years 7 months ago #66880

Please try with the permission 666 for the file.
If the file is still blank, it means that no notification was received by HikaShop at all.
So that would mean that a firewall or a htaccess or the fact that you would be on localhost or something like that is totally blocking notification requests from PayPal servers.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 7 months ago #66988

Ok, I disabled firewall, but maybe there is still something going on there. Just to make sure I understand. If I just create a blank document with the log name and put it in that directory, that should work, correct? (It doesn't need to be actually created by the component, right?)

Thanks.

11 years 7 months ago #67121

It should work yes.
It doesn't need to be created by HikaShop.
It just needs to be writable by HikaShop.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #80986

Hi again... I have been talking with Nicolas at Admin Tools and he said that based upon the steps that I have taken, Admin Tools is not causing any issues. As a note, I saw that simply going to the log file I created earlier gives me a 403 Forbidden error. Permissions are set to 666 like you mentioned, so do you have any idea why that would happen?

The following user(s) said Thank You: gil

• Thank you received: 4005
11 years 4 months ago #81097

Hi,

Log file is protected from reading thanks to htaccess (the safe directory). It is totally logical and better for your security :)
You can read it thanks to the HikaShop backend : System > Configuration > Files > Payment log file > See the report

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds