new shipping address updates billing address

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 7 months ago #67409

A minor issue but needs some attention.

If a customer adds a new shipping address it adds the new address to the billing addresses. Not ideal but ok. The problem is that it selects the new address as the billing address. One has to be sharp eyed to spot this change if you didn't expect it.

How can I ensure that the originally selected billing address remains the selected one even after a new shipping address has been added?

Thanks

Crispin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #67593

A further issue has been spotted.

If an address different from the billing address has been entered and selected it doesn't appear on the user and admin emails. Instead the billing address is used for the shipping address even though the alternate address was selected.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 7 months ago #67656

We don't have these problems on our end.

Are you using the latest version of HikaShop ?
If not, please update.

If yes, please give a link to your shop.

11 years 7 months ago #67752

Thanks for replying

I believe it is the latest version.

the shop is on a temporary url currently and can be found here cavespidertemp1.co.uk/

11 years 7 months ago #67876

I can indeed see a javascript error on your checkout page.

I seems to be coming from the mootools javascript handling the payment methods.
Could you remove the payment view from the checkout workflow and try again ?

That should still redirect you to PayPal, but it will avoid the javascript issue.

If that still doesn't work, then all I can think of is that it comes from the modifications that you applied to the view files of the checkout view.

11 years 7 months ago #68290

Hi

Thanks for the response

To be honest, this is turning into a bit of a nightmare.

We took the Payment out of the checkout workflow as you suggested. It didn't default to PayPal, it went straight to 'Thank you for your order'. I put the Payment back into the checkout workflow and now it won't appear on the cart at all and a purchase is no impossible. The PayPal plugin is published and configured. Needless to say it didn't resolve the original problem with the addresses either.

I really do need someone to go through this with us.

Apart from a few css errors, mostly yours, but not all, there are no Java errors showing in the Firefox error console.

Your help would be really appreciated on this

Please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for log in details.

Cheers

11 years 6 months ago #68483

Hi,

I can see PayPal on your checkout.

But I'm not able to finish the order on your website.
There is no error message displaying as to why it doesn't want to finish. That means that your template is missing the display of error messages:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...issues.html#messages
Then it should display the error messages enabling us/you to fix the setting which is wrong.

I can see that the address system is working properly on the checkout. I don't see why it wouldn't work properly for the emails. Did you modify the emails in any way ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: nikmackey

11 years 6 months ago #68774

Thank you for your response.

Since I last posted I have made some changes including putting the message function into the templates. I have also resolved the issue with the addresses. I don't suppose you could tell me how to get the email address to appear in the content of the Admin email for the order?

I have no idea why the PayPal plugin wouldn't display or work, but for reasons beyond me it now does. I did reload many of the related files, so that may have done the trick.

There is still a problem though. When selecting a characteristic that is not the default nothing is put into the cart when the 'Order Now' button is clicked and the page jumps back to the home page rather than going to the cart page. If the default characteristic is changed then that will work and the others won't.

Thanks for your help

Crispin

11 years 6 months ago #68940

For the email to be in the email, that's not really complex. You can edit via the menu System->Emails and add such code:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/20592-em...n.html?lang=fr#25386

For the fact that the add to cart doesn't work properly, that's because of the view customization you did in the product page.

The form of the page doesn't encompass anymore all the HTML of the product.
Especially the hidden input fields where all the data is. It's a miracle that it works when you don't change the characteristic :p

The following user(s) said Thank You: nikmackey

11 years 6 months ago #69141

I've restored the original order and managed to keep the basic design the same. The designers probably won't be pleased, but then what can be done.

It does seem to have resolved the problem, Thank you.

I'll let you know how I get on with adding the email address to the admin order email.

Cheers

Crispin

11 years 6 months ago #69190

All working correctly it seems

Thank you

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #76793

Hi. I am having this same issue. You say you have "also resolved the issue with the addresses". Do you mind posting how you did that for me? I am sure it will be helpful for those finding this post with the same issue. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds