Plugins lookup languages not in customized section

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Style
11 years 5 months ago #74296

Hello there

I'm currently try to write an own shipment plugin for HikaShop. I found out, that if you have a label-text like:

echo JText::_( 'SHIPPING_MAX_VOLUME' );
(or your own like mine: echo JText::_( 'SHIPPING_MAX_THICKNESS' ); )

that the System only lookup for the translations in the "upper area" of the language tags and not in the "override-section". I know it's wired what I say but unfortunately there is no title that I can use to describe where I mean.

Please have a look at the picture that I made.

This is not very good since, if I download the latest language version from server, my changes are gone!

Best regards
Mike

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 months ago #74444

Hi,

If you add the translation in the override section, the text should be translated and you will keep it when you update.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Style
11 years 5 months ago #74455

Xavier wrote: Hi,
If you add the translation in the override section, the text should be translated and you will keep it when you update.

I know, but if I add a translation to the override section that is used in a plugin and shown in the Backend, then the translation won't work. It only works if I add it to the upper section that will be overwritten when I update.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 months ago #74530

It should work, I think that you have an error in your override part, for example a quote " not closed, or something else.
Try to enable the debug language in the joomla configuration, and you will see the error and you will see too that the language file override is loaded.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds