Since update to hikashop 2.0 quite a few bugs

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #74716

any of the products i added after i updated from 1.6 dont checkout i get the following messages

The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods i get this message if i click force shipping in config

and

No shipping method found if force isnt clicked

all weights are set up and all my old products work fine and still do after the update,

can you help please

www.topgearstockport.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #74719

this is a product which works which i added before i updated
www.topgearstockport.co.uk/2012-08-29-19...uckle-joint-175.html

and this is a product i added after update which wont work
www.topgearstockport.co.uk/2012-08-29-19...art-veeport-pro.html

11 years 5 months ago #74825

the support here is shocking really need to sort this as i dont wish to add any more products till i can get them to checkout

11 years 5 months ago #74827

ok i made a new product called test which work ok

but as soon as i added Characteristics to the product i got The cart items combined weight is too big for all the possible shipping methods

so im guessing it isnt the update which has caused this but me adding products with Characteristics anyone know where im going wrong?

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by topgear.

11 years 5 months ago #74828

ok if i turn off Characteristics on a product then it works can anybody help?

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 5 months ago #74838

Just checking to make sure you have the weights set in each variation and not just on the main product page. If you do not have the weights set in each variation, give that a try first before doing anything else.

11 years 5 months ago #74842

How do you set the variation for each characteristic as I don't see anything other than title and alias and the box to add a new variation in characteristics

Do you edit them on the product page ?

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 5 months ago #74844

Manage the variants through the product page for each product for this particular purpose.

On your product page (click one of your products to manage) you should have a characteristics dialog box something like the screenshot attached. So if your characteristic was "color", you may have five colors for that characteristic. Click the manage variants button and in this scenario you would have five colors listed in the next window. Under the column "code" click the variant to mange all the information for that particular color. Bottom left of screen should be a weight dialog box, enter the shipping weight, choose the appropriate symbol , like lbs. and save this variant, do the same to the other four colors adding the weight for each variant. Of course if you had differernt photos for each variant, add those at the same time so when the user clicks the color they want in this example they will see the product in the correct color.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by beemerrider.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas, Batas, topgear

11 years 5 months ago #74855

thank you so much it works, you have saved me so much time thanks thanks thanks :)

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds