Product listing in back end not displaying all

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #75794

I have noticed that in the back end of the product listing, I only can view 20 products. I know that there are more, because when I do a search, it comes up with a product that is not on the list, but I can only view the fist 20 products in a category. I can get them to show all products for the customer in the front end, though.

There is no option to show the next page, or to be able to view more entries per page.

Using version 2.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 months ago #75906

Hi,

You should have the pagination assistant displayed at the bottom of the product listing in the backend, like on this screenshot:

Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago #76006

I was looking for that on the bottom of the page for the option to display more, or to go to the next page, but there is none.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 5 months ago #76095

Hi,

Do you have the same problem on order listing ?

If there is an html or php error on the product listing, it's possible that you would not have the end of your page, so that the pagination would missing.
You can activate the debug mode temporally in your website to check if there is no php error.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 5 months ago #76162

Hi -

I have the exact same issue since installing the version 2.0 update. There is no pagination shown, no items per page drop-down, no navigation aids of any kind. The front-end pagination does not seem to be affected and displays as normal.

I have run the Joomla system debug as suggested above and received no errors or contra-indications, but then I didn't expect to since the system was fine up until the latest install. Hope you find an answer soon, my client is burning my ears because he can't see his stock list!

Thanks.

PS. I've also discovered that, when items are in the shopping cart and the user clicks "proceed to checkout", the site disappears with a 404 error displaying the message "The requested URL /siteusername//index.php was not found on this server." This may be as a result of the double forward slash before 'index.php'. If so, how do I remove it? Thanks again.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by badcoder.

11 years 5 months ago #76221

Strike the PS - I've sorted that part out. Still can't work out the pagination problem though.

11 years 5 months ago #76225

Hi,

What is your joomla version ? Do you use a specific backend template ?
It is possible to have a access to your back-end in order to see it and make some checks ? (by Private Message)
We can't reproduce this problem so we need to see it directly to understand the source of the problem.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 5 months ago #76258

I have Joomla! 2.5.8 installed with HikaShop 2.0
The backend template is the default Bluestork

The orders or the inventory only list 20 items with no option to go to the next page.

I ran the debug and it gave no indication of errors.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by fudge4u. Reason: additional information

11 years 5 months ago #76342

Hi,

We fixed the responsive CSS in HikaShop which was hiding the footer when the screen was too small.

fudge4u : I have update your website with the latest package.

badcoder : please re-download HikaShop 2.0, it will fix the problem.

Do not forget to make a refresh (F5 / Ctrl+R) in order to reload the backend CSS file :)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jerome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fudge4u

11 years 5 months ago #76369

Hi,

Installed latest version as suggested and backend pagination fully restored, thank you.

However the front end pagination now defaults to display a minimum of 20 items in 2 columns, despite the setting in 'Configuration/Display/Modules main default options' of 8 items in 2 columns. The front-end drop-down also displays integers of 20 upwards, with no option to show fewer items. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to set these parameters?

More importantly I now realise that I have lost the display of all the product details from the 'hikashop_product_right_part', so every product page has a large blank space in the centre of the page!

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

PS. Have checked my custom 'show_default' file and it has not been overwritten.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by badcoder. Reason: Removed erronious content.

11 years 5 months ago #76550

I have deleted some of my comments from the above post which made assumptions that my customised files had been overwritten by installing the new version of Hikashop. :blush: In fact all my modifications seem to be intact and functioning, but I still cannot work out why the 'Specification' section of the product page has dropped out.

Any ideas would be appreciated - the affected parts are all custom fields, not sure if that might have anything to do with the problem.

Also can you please tell me where I can adjust the parameters for the display numbers drop-down on the pagination section - I'd like it to start from 10, it presently starts at 20.

Many thanks.

11 years 5 months ago #76744

Hi,

The default options for modules are default but could be override per module.
Please edit your menu options : Display / Content Menu.
You would find the options for number of columns and number of items.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 5 months ago #76768

Hi Jerome -

I've checked all the modules and menus, and all options are set the same - 2 columns, 8 items per page, ie. 4deep. When the module contents are displayed, they appear 10 items deep in 2 columns, and there are no options to display less than 20 items on the pagination drop-down menu. Is there somewhere else that these parameters are set?

I noticed as well that in another post , someone else is having the same problems that I described above, with custom fields not displaying on product pages. Is there any further progress with finding out about this?

Thanks.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by badcoder.

11 years 5 months ago #76774

Hi,

For the custom field problem, you just have to re-download HikaShop 2.0
The new package contains the required fix.

For you menu problem. Can you test it after the latest package ?
If the problem persists, you can send me by private message an access to your backend and I will make some tests.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: badcoder

11 years 5 months ago #77091

Hi Jerome,

Sorry to be so long getting back to you, but re-installing with the latest version of HikaShop did resolve my problems with the backend pagination and the missing custom fields in the product pages. However, the front-end pagination on the product listing was still not displaying properly. I had only recently upgraded the Joomla installation to 2.5.8 and I have to do this by manual upload to the tmp folder and install from there.

To cut a long story short, I re-installed the 'en-GB.ini' file because of display problems elsewhere on the site, and doing that resolved the problem with the Hika front-end pagination. However, it leaves a few errors on the site (outside of HikaShop) which I still need to sort out. It seems that the latest updates to Joomla include fairly extensive changes to the content of the 'en-GB.ini' file, so now I have to look elsewhere to correct those errors.

But the HikaShop problems are now resolved, so many thanks for your help and advice. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds