Installation of Hikashop file not uploading query

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #84639

Hi there,

I want to ask a question in regards to the installation of Hikashop. When I brought the Hikashop business package, an email was sent to my email and linked me to my account in Hikashop and inside the account was two files attached.

I have downloaded the the Hikashop business Zip file and am now currently using the component to configure my website shop front. There is another file which was attached: HikaShop Business (tar.gz), I can't seem to open it for some reason or covert it on to my PC for viewing. Can you let me know what this file contains and is it important and if so.. do I i then need to install into my Joomla site also..??

Kind regards,

Chris

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Che.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 3 months ago #84641

Hi,

Zip file and Tar.gz files contains sames files but with a different compression type.
Tar.Gz requires a compression software to be open (like 7zip, WinZip, WinRar, etc). Windows does not open tar.gz directly.
Some servers have a 2MB file pload limitation and our zip file is higher. So that's why we propose the tar.gz too.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #84642

Hi,

Thanks for the info.. I was abit concerned whether it was something important about the file that I needed know about and to install into joomla..

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds