Product Page Display Issues

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #85171

I just started noticing this odd behavior on my website. When I am viewing all the products in the category listing - they look fine.

When I view each product individually and use the "left and right" arrows to rotate through the products, each page is missing the background and a lot of formatting.

Here's a link to a specific product on our website:

http://waughhd.com/parts/parts-promotions-menu/product/1413-sundowner-deep-bucket-seat-road-king-classic-basketweave.html

The formatting and the proper looking site shows when you "refresh" or "reload" the page. This doesn't happen anywhere else on the site except Hikashop product pages.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 3 months ago #85278

On my end it displays fine the first time. Maybe it's a browser related issue ? Could you try with another browser ?

11 years 3 months ago #85290

Just tested Google Chrome (latest version) and it shows like the attached photo...

IE9 Seems to show it correct on the first load...

Firefox 18 shows it correctly...

I just did a test - uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. still shows incorrectly. So it's just chrome... What in chrome could be causing this?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 3 months ago #85294

Hi,

I don't know which extension you used but, I have see a strange blank with Chrome where there was no stylesheet in the HTML page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daurwid

11 years 3 months ago #85297

I uninstalled all extensions [edit: in chrome] and still experience this. A refresh of the page is required to show it correctly.
edit2: this is making me go bonkers over the past 24 hours... lol

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by daurwid.

11 years 3 months ago #85301

Jerome wrote: Hi,

I don't know which extension you used but, I have see a strange blank with Chrome where there was no stylesheet in the HTML page.

Regards,

Thanks for confirming it for me. Now I have no idea what is causing the css to fail on first load...

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #85375

Have you solved your problem ?

Because on first page loading it display correctly on my end.

11 years 3 months ago #85508

Xavier wrote: Have you solved your problem ?

Because on first page loading it display correctly on my end.

Did you test with Google Chrome? Because it still does not work on my Google Chrome install.

11 years 3 months ago #85514

Hi,

I am sorry but I don't think that it's a problem of HikaShop. It appends only with new sessions.
You have a plugin or something which make a css cache file.

Well, the first call to the website, there is no CSS files in the JDocument (Joomla, not HikaShop).

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-us" lang="en-us" >
<head><meta name="robots" content="noindex">
  <base href="http://waughhd.com/parts/parts-promotions-menu/product/1413-sundowner-deep-bucket-seat-road-king-classic-basketweave.html" />
  <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
  <meta name="keywords" content="Sundowner™ Deep Bucket Seat - Road King® Classic Basketweave" />
  <meta name="rights" content="All Rights Reserved." />
  <meta name="description" content="Sundowner™ Deep Bucket Seat - Road King® Classic Basketweave" />
  <meta name="generator" content="Joomla! - Open Source Content Management" />
  <title>Sundowner™ Deep Bucket Seat - Road King® Classic Basketweave</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://waughhd.com/cache/css-029485470e8842f7be0574432e8fe342.css" />
As you can see, there is a link to : waughhd.com/cache/css-029485470e8842f7be0574432e8fe342.css
The first time the file is loaded, there is an error. Google Chrome make some asynchronous calls so I think that the file was not accessible the first time.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 3 months ago #85521

Jerome wrote: Hi,

I am sorry but I don't think that it's a problem of HikaShop. It appends only with new sessions.
You have a plugin or something which make a css cache file.

Well, the first call to the website, there is no CSS files in the JDocument (Joomla, not HikaShop).

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-us" lang="en-us" >
<head><meta name="robots" content="noindex">
  <base href="http://waughhd.com/parts/parts-promotions-menu/product/1413-sundowner-deep-bucket-seat-road-king-classic-basketweave.html" />
  <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
  <meta name="keywords" content="Sundowner™ Deep Bucket Seat - Road King® Classic Basketweave" />
  <meta name="rights" content="All Rights Reserved." />
  <meta name="description" content="Sundowner™ Deep Bucket Seat - Road King® Classic Basketweave" />
  <meta name="generator" content="Joomla! - Open Source Content Management" />
  <title>Sundowner™ Deep Bucket Seat - Road King® Classic Basketweave</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://waughhd.com/cache/css-029485470e8842f7be0574432e8fe342.css" />
As you can see, there is a link to : waughhd.com/cache/css-029485470e8842f7be0574432e8fe342.css
The first time the file is loaded, there is an error. Google Chrome make some asynchronous calls so I think that the file was not accessible the first time.

Regards,

I think you mean "synchronous" not "asynchronous."

So only Google Chrome makes synchronous calls? If this file was not available, the site would not work on IE9 or Firefox...?

Why does this only happen with Hikashop product pages and not any other pages on our website?

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #85561

Hi,

Without this file, it will work on IE9 and Firefox, it's just a cache file not a css file.
It happen only with HikaShop maybe because the plugin is maybe not compatible with HikaShop.

Try to disable the plugins which could cause the problem and see what happen.

11 years 3 months ago #85699

Xavier wrote: Hi,

Without this file, it will work on IE9 and Firefox, it's just a cache file not a css file.
It happen only with HikaShop maybe because the plugin is maybe not compatible with HikaShop.

Try to disable the plugins which could cause the problem and see what happen.

What plugins are you referring to? The same plugins are used on all the other pages - even in hikashop category pages that show fine...

It is literally only the Hikashop product display pages. It seems all other hikashop pages (categories and menu links) are fine after another review.

It also makes no sense that Chrome is the only browser with this issue if the plugins were not compatible the other browsers would show the same problems.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 3 months ago #85760

We can't know the name on the plugin doing that just by looking at the HTML of the page.
It must be a system plugin handling caching, or maybe an option of your template to deactivate.
So you should try to disable plugins one by one in order to see which one is the culprit.
Or maybe there is one with a name with "cache" or "caching" in it...

11 years 3 months ago #85858

nicolas wrote: We can't know the name on the plugin doing that just by looking at the HTML of the page.
It must be a system plugin handling caching, or maybe an option of your template to deactivate.
So you should try to disable plugins one by one in order to see which one is the culprit.
Or maybe there is one with a name with "cache" or "caching" in it...

Since it's a production site, I can't just turn plugins off/on to find the problem.

In my development site, a complete copy of our existing site from 24 hours ago, this issue does not occur at all.

I found that Admin Tools Link and SEO Features that combine CSS and JS files was causing this problem. I don't understand why it only happened on Hikashop Product Display pages and not Hikashop Category Pages or Product Listing Pages and even more odd, it only occurred on Google Chrome!

11 years 3 months ago #85925

Hi,

I tried your page today and I see correct CSS links in the header.
Maybe the CSS content was too slow to generator for Google Chome so the file not processed the fist time or the extension does not finish to generate the cache file when Google chrome asked it.
Google chrome as a specific way to work, in order to render the page as fast as possible. So it is difficult to give you a precise answer... We don't know anything about the extension which generate the css cache file. So it's just ideas.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 3 months ago #86044

I had the same problem. Turning off browser caching in te system-cache plugin resolved my problem.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome, daurwid

11 years 3 months ago #86233

jeroensci wrote: I had the same problem. Turning off browser caching in te system-cache plugin resolved my problem.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! This resolved my issues and I was able to turn back on JS and CSS combine feature in Admin Tools again.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds