User Accounts causing '404 - Category not found'

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #86925

Hi There,

I've recently taken over an account for a website which uses your fantastic plugin. Everything is working great, except I'm having one issue.

When I create an account and log in, when I click on any of the My Account buttons I'm getting the following errors...

www.breakoutbox.co.uk/index.php/hikashop...r-user-control-panel
www.breakoutbox.co.uk/index.php/hikashop...panel/edit-addresses
www.breakoutbox.co.uk/index.php/hikashop...r-user-control-panel etc

Could you please give any advice on what I could do to correct this issue?

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 3 months ago #86966

Hi there,

Sounds like something we fixed.
I can see you're still using the 1.6 version, try to upgrade, it should solve the problem.

11 years 3 months ago #87108

Hi,

I tried updating to the latest version, and not only did it not fix the 404 errors, but it's also messed up the formatting of my product boxes - www.breakoutbox.co.uk/index.php/pcbmodules

Like I said before I've taken over this account, could you please tell me if that is something I'd need to change in the Hikashop settings, or is the display for those boxes controlled by the atomic template css?

Regards,

Matthew

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 3 months ago #87265

Hi,

I don't see why they wouldn't work.

Did you change anything in them ? Could you do a screenshot of these menu item options ?

11 years 3 months ago #87397

Hi There,

I was able to correct the formatting of the product boxes by going back to a backup version of the atomic css.

Like I said I've taken over this account so I've not done anything to change these links. Here are some screenshots when trying to access the Edit Profile link..

Home Page - www.barmanager.co.uk/TextPages/edit_profile.PNG
Error Page - www.barmanager.co.uk/TextPages/404_profile.PNG

I'm exactly sure where in the 'View' I would look to give you a screenshot of the settings being used for these particular pages.

Regards,

Matthew

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 3 months ago #87695

Hi,

You should go in the joomla menu manager and look for the menu item with the alias "hikashop-menu-for-user-control-panel". If you open it, you will get the options of the menu item.

The "category not found" error means that it's joomla that is looking for displaying the page. But it should be HikaShop displaying it. Which means that there is probably an issue with the options of that menu item leading joomla to believe that it should handle the page display instead of HikaShop.

11 years 3 months ago #87777

Hi There,

I'm on that page, but I can't see anything with the alias "hikashop-menu-for-user-control-panel", which is I'm assuming is the problem!

www.barmanager.co.uk/TextPages/joomla_menu.PNG

I see I can add a new iteam, then it gives me the option to add a Menu Item Type and brings up a pop-up with Hikashop options, and I looking in the right place?

11 years 3 months ago #87804

OK I've created a new menu item with 'User control panel' as the Menu Item Type and alias as hikashop-menu-for-user-control-panel and the User Control now works. However, Edit Profile and Edit Addresses don't go to the right page and View Orders still gives a 404?

I'm getting there slowly!

11 years 3 months ago #87838

Fixed it, thanks for all your help :)

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds