Problems with redirecting paypal and moneybookers.

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 3 months ago #88633

If a customer comes for the first time, and/or has the browser cache deleted (like restarting the browser), when he should be redirected to paypal or moneybookers (or at least to see the manual directing button, the shop simply skip the step and goes out (back at home page). The order confirmation e-mail is sent though.
If the customers is very... persistent and make again the order, it works, he is redirected to paypal or moneybookers.
This happens via IE, Mozilla, Opera, Chrome. For cash on delivery method, it is not any problem, it works ok.

Second time when he does, at the first step before registration, he is notified(for example) that "You have chosen payment method: cash on delivery", or MoneyBookers, or any other method he choosed last time, and after that he can pay by Moneybookers or Paypal. Please note that this is happens with "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" on NO. Of course, he can choose another along the way, but...

First time when the customer tries to make the order, if the browser has nothing in cache, he doesn't receive the message about payment method before registration, but also he can't pay with paypal or moneybookers.

Maybe some settings are the problem, but I cant see what, because it misses only the first attempt, not the second one, or the third (I hope I am right :D). I tried to set ”with end” or ”without end” (tried my luck), but no use...

If you try, please use euro for the curency, in the right column (paypal does not work with RON, only Moneybookers). The site is:

www.coloidale.ro If you don't have anymore the details for backend login, please e-mail me.

Thank you.

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by NADEJDE. Reason: Supplimentary informations

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #88792

Hi,

Can you give use screenshots of your checkout configuration and of one of the both payment methods ?

You can try to install the latest version of HikaShop from our website.

11 years 3 months ago #88804

You have the images with the checkout and paypal method. I don't think it is from settings, but who knows.

They are other problems with the checkout workflow, but I will let you know about them in an other message.

However, you (or Nicolas) have the login data, and you can see the settings yourself.

My HS version is not very old, being bought two month ago (maybe). I would install the new version, if this does not means to remake all the settings, wich would be unbearable. HS is not VM... If you've done some changes related to the checkout, please let me know. My HS version is 2.0.0

Thank you.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13096
11 years 3 months ago #89011

Hi,

I did some tests on your website to find out what was going on.
That issue is caused by a apache server redirect configuration whereby the REQUEST_URI variable doesn't contain anymore the current URI+params :
framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1439
Apache then puts the URI in the REDIRECT_URL parameter.
Because of that HikaShop happily redirects you to the home page instead of where you should go because the REQUEST_URI variable is not correct on the previous page.
So that will require a modification in several places of HikaShop in order to go around that. I would still recommend that you contact your hosting provider about that as this is not normal and you might have other redirect issues with other components with such server configuration.
I'll email you a new package of the pre 2.1.1 that you can use to update your HikaShop with the modifications. Of course, when you update HikaShop, you don't loose your settings or data. We've been updating our demo website since the beginning and we never had to reenter any data in it.

11 years 3 months ago #89199

I told to the hosting, they said that they will look into. I will keep you informed.

After that, I will check again the problem with the autosubmitting of the shipping and payment methods (there was a problem too, not major but it was) and let you know if this solved also that problem.

I know that it is not polite to write with caps lock but:

THANK YOU!

11 years 3 months ago #90142

I am waiting for the pre package of 2.1.1. The guys from the hosting said that it appears that the bug you noticed is from Zend framework, and they haven't anything to do with it. They said also that the apache setings are very common, and otherwise it wouldn't help to change them because cPanel will overwrite them.

Now, my experience in those things is almost none, so I will not comment if they are right or you are right. I think that soon it will be the moment for our own servers, so... I am waitng for the modified package, and hope it will work.

Thank you.

11 years 2 months ago #91055

It seems that the problem it is a little more serious. It is not about paypal or moneybookers, but all checkout ends. For the cash on delivery method it is not a very big problem, because the client receives the confirmation by e-mail, but even so, it is confusing, because the client it is not redirected to the end page, even the settings are for a checkout with end.

Please try to help us in this matter. Thank you.

11 years 2 months ago #91222

I already sent you the install package with the modification two weeks ago to your email address.
Didn't you receive it ?

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by nicolas.

11 years 2 months ago #91224

No, I didn't. Maybe the attachemengt size was too big for our mail box, and it was rejected. I made a FTP account on coloidale.ro domain, and I e-mailed you the login data.

Thank you.

11 years 2 months ago #91565

I installed the new package. It says it is version 2.1.0. Unfortunately it is the same:

If the customer is at the first order in a fresh browser windows, the checkout skips end. For paypal and moneybookers this means not redirecting at the payment gateway too. For cash on delivery, still confusing.

I tried all what it came into my mind, including login, registration (wich normally I have disabled).

I am sorry. Maybe you can look again into this.

11 years 2 months ago #91710

Then please provide a backend and FTP access to your website so that we can directly edit the files and trace the issue.

11 years 2 months ago #91715

You have the details by e-mail.

Thank you.

11 years 2 months ago #92037

I'm not able to checkout on your website.
I don't get any payment/shipping methods.
So I can't look at your redirection problem.
It stays on the checkout.

Apparently, you didn't configure your shipping/payment methods properly:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq
For example, it seems that you restricted your shipping methods to only some currencies.
Please check each point of the FAQ.

I couldn't find any backend access for you on my end so I couldn't check your settings.

11 years 2 months ago #92046

Yes, indeed, it is so.

I invalidated some options, because they were not needed at the moment, and our users are not so... skilfull. Also, the paypal cant use RON, some shippers works only in Romania, and so on...

Now, I validated all needed shipment and payment methods, you may play after your wish. I tested, it works the same like before, it has the same problem.

Please enjoy! You even can make some orders, you will have a good discount :laugh:

11 years 2 months ago #92394

That sounds like an issue with the checkout workflow.
Can you provide a backend access so that we can check your settings ?

11 years 2 months ago #92396

The username and password are the same for backend. I already made a user for this. Please check. Normally, you should have noted that if you make a second order, WITHOUT leaving browser, you can go through all checkout, including end (for cash on delivery) or redirecting to payment gateway for the other methods.

11 years 2 months ago #92683

I hadn't seen that it was for the backend as well. Sorry for that.

The problem was actually quite tricky to find. You had published the Google analytics plugin without entering any account number in the plugin options. Because of that the plugin was cancelling the payment and instead displaying an error message to tell you to setup the plugin properly. However, your template does not display error messages (all templates should ! www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...issues.html#messages ) and because of that you couldn't tell why the checkout was not finishing properly.
And once the analytics plugin had displayed the error message once, it wasn't doing anything, which is why it was working the second time.

I've simply unpublished the analytics plugin and it's working fine now.

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by nicolas.

11 years 2 months ago #92689

I will check soon. Today I was working in the garden, and I am tired, hehe, plus I trust you did it. I was so sure it was a bug :P !

Thank you. I owe you some beers. Can you send me an invoice? :lol:

However, I will look again in plugins, to see what I need and what don't. Basically, google analytics is needed, but I said I will look to it later. Bad decision.

11 years 2 months ago #92691

I checked though. or cash on delivery works like magic.

So the lesson is: check all the enabled plugins for correct settings. I will do it.

I must note that at the same time was "repaired" a glitch in autosubmitting payment or shipping methods, I forgot wich one.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds