Update to 2.1 issue - lost USA States

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #92482

Hello ~

I just updated our Hikashop to version 2.1 Business after running 1.5.6 Business for over a year. After the update I notice some weirdness going on. The biggest issue is on the checkout page, the "States" drop down now has cities from France available for selection only. Previously, the default and only country was set for the USA, and USA States were the only available options under "States". The default and only country is still the USA on the checkout page.

Otherwise some of the options under configuration>display were not changing on the front end after making and saving these changes. Also, when I switch from "Simple Registration" to "No Registrations", again there was not changes visible on the checkout page after saving.

I re-installed the Hikashop 2.1 component, and tried switching templates... no luck. I had back up the website before the update, so I restored the backup and installed Hika 2.1 again, and had the same results. So with the update, new customers cannot order because they cannot select the State they live in.

I looked through the forum and did not see anyone else who experience this issue. I do see this release is from 2-2-2013, is this an un-discovered bug, or have I done something wrong here?

Thank you in advance for your help and insight.

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13096
11 years 2 months ago #92489

Hi,

It's not a bug. It's probably because of the way you configured your states/countries/custom fields with 1.6.
On each update/install HikaShop adds back all the states/countries and the links between them. So if you had deleted some of them, or deleted links between some of them, you could experience such strange behavior. But normally, you don't need and shouldn't delete them. You could simply unpublish the zones you don't need and make sure that the default value of each custom field is properly saved via the menu Display->Custom fields. I suppose that the default value for the countries and states fields is not correct at the moment on your website so it displays wrong data. Edit them, make sure that they have the correct data and save them and that should already help

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #92491

Why is it then that with the 1.5.6 configuration I get only USA STATES, and after the update I am getting CITIES?

Now that I have it restored to 1.5.6, in the custom field section, I am getting a strange warning. Any help of where I have gone wrong would be appreciated!

Also, when I switch from "Simple Registration" to "No Registrations", again there was not changes visible on the checkout page after saving.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Whatca.

• Thank you received: 13096
11 years 2 months ago #92500

It's not possible that you're getting French cities... There are no French cities anywhere in HikaShop or Joomla.
Please follow the recommendations of my previous message to fix the problem after the update.

The simplified registration and no registration modes display the same form on the checkout so it's normal that there is no visible changes. That has been the case since the first version where that option was added.
The only difference between the two mode is that the simplified registration mode will create a user account for the user and the no registration mode won't.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds