Menus do not look or work as they should

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #93354

Good day
I just recently installed Joomla 3.0 on my home machine and am configuring it before promoting it to my website and when I installed the HikaShop, my screens do not look as I believe they should from the demos and other shots I have seen. In addition, this is causing problems as I cannot actually configure my site as the menus are "off of the screen" (see attachment). I am hoping someone can assist. I have tired to reinstall but it did not help.

I should mention I have tried Firefox, Chrome and IE (all the latest versions).

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by iSlim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #93398

Hi,

You have to execute this query in your phpMyAdmin:

INSERT INTO `#__hikashop_config` (`config_namekey`, `config_value`, `config_default`) VALUES ('bootstrap_back_design', '0', '');

Replace "#_" by your database prefix.

The problem was that the "Hathor" template don't use the responsive design, so the request disable the boostrap in HikaShop.

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Xavier.

11 years 1 month ago #93602

HI,
I am fairly new to this but believe that I figured out what to do however when I make the edit, I get this error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`dp3bvhikashop_config` (`config_namekey`, `config_value`, `config_default`) VALU' at line 1

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 1 month ago #93605

Hi,

Can you show me the request that you have done through your PhpMyAdmin ?

Thank you.

11 years 1 month ago #93667

So what I did is I went into the PHPMYAdmin, searched for the line you quoted above and then edited it as follows:

`dp3bvhikashop_config` (`config_namekey`, `config_value`, `config_default`) VALUES ('bootstrap_back_design', '0', '')'

Thanks

11 years 1 month ago #93721

Should I be modifying anything else in the line you provided or should I just be adding the prefix to my database (which in this case is dp3bv) - - should everything else on the line remain the same? Also, can you confirm the process steps on how the request is done through PHP My Admin?

thanks

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 1 month ago #93834

Hi,
you'll just have to use this request through your phpmyadmin :

INSERT INTO `dp3bv_hikashop_config` (`config_namekey`, `config_value`, `config_default`) VALUES ('bootstrap_back_design', '0', '');

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds