HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 4 weeks ago #97958

I've been using HikaShop and HikaSerial to automatically e-mail gift card numbers to customers who checkout through the PayPal plugin. It stopped 'confirming' orders about a week ago. I switched hosts from GoDaddy shared hosting to my Rochen reseller hosting thinking that the site's database may be too big to function well on GoDaddy. It is still not confirming orders triggering the e-mail to my customers. My site's error logs don't show any PayPal errors. PayPal just appears to not be communicating back to HikaShop. I can provide admin access to a mod.

Thanks,
Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 4 weeks ago #97960

What hosting is recommended to use HikaShop/HikaSerial successfully? VPS? I have 5000 used/unused serials in HikaSerial so far and growing.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 4 weeks ago #97967

Hi,

The database could store a quite huge number of serial without any problem. The serial table is not a big table compared to some other tables like the order table or the product table.

Do you receive some emails from Paypal saying that the notification does not work properly ?
You said that you don't have any paypal error in your log but, do you have some paypal calls in the web server logs ? What is the HTTP return code for this pages ?

Some times an extension could redirect the paypal, like plugins for translations or SEF plugins.
You can read more about this problem here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...al-error.html#status

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 4 weeks ago #97971

Yes, I am getting some e-mails from PayPal about notifications not working properly. No PayPal related errors in my server's error log.

Is this what you mean by HTTP return code
www.needcardsnow.com/index.php?option=co...pl=component&lang=en

I'm not using any translation or SEF plugins. The only thing I addd was ACYmailing about the time this issue came up. I'll uninstall it.

I'll also check the documentation link you mentioned.

Do you have a recommended hosting company/package anyways? I personally have a Rochen reseller account, but the client already had a GoDaddy account,

EDIT: I moved the site to my Rochen account and have the same issues. I've since made the site offline while troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks,
Eric

Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by d2dpcs.

11 years 4 weeks ago #97998

Hi,

If I try to open the url

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I have a message

This site is down for maintenance for the weekend.
We are upgrading servers as some orders are not sending gift card numbers automatically. We will notify you when the site is back up.

Which means that it is not possible to access to the notification without be logged in the website.
So, notification from paypal could not work.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 4 weeks ago #97999

Yes, I understand. My client's customers were used to receiving their purchased gift cards within a couple seconds of PayPal verification. It was real nice.

At the direction of my client, I made the site offline until the problem is resolved. Whether it by the host (tried two) or a conflict with HikaShop/Serial.

I'll temporarily make the site online. I'll PM you login info. Keep in mind that if you attempt to check out with PayPal, you will likely be charged. My client will reimburse you.

11 years 3 weeks ago #98073

Jerome,

A little more assistance is appreciated. I PM'd you joomla admin info. I have been recovering from surgery (hand/typing issues) while my client's site has not been 'confirming' for 3 weeks now. Here is a sample from an e-mail he receives:

Hello,
A Paypal notification was refused because the IP xx.xxx.xxx.xx is not in the list of valid IPs :
23.47.146.*
173.0.81.*
173.0.82.*

I noticed that your 'Refresh IPs' in the HikaShop plugin changed to the following:
23.8.34.*
173.0.81.*
173.0.82.*

Could the first IP have made my site not 'confirm' PayPal payments? I'm just drawing straws at this moment.

Thanks,
Eric

11 years 3 weeks ago #98115

I apparently fixed it. I'll update later if I did indeed fix it.

11 years 3 weeks ago #98242

Hi,

The Paypal IPs could change that's why in some cases when recommend to not use the IP filter (leave it empty).
At this moment, the plugin would check the signature (as always) but would not check if the IP is in your list.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds