Shopping Cart Problem - Next Button Gone

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #97970

Hello,

Since upgrading to the latest version of HikaShop, the Next Button has disappeared from the Shopping Cart.

The same was working in the previous version.
The product type does not require an account to purchase, nor do I want it to.

I've discovered though, (after an online customer experienced a problem purchasing), that the only way the Next button will appear is when one is logged in.

Under configuration/checkout, I have set the Login & Registration with multiple combinations but with no success in rectifying the issue.
Cache has been cleared with each change I've made.

It used to work with Yes Login and No Registration, which served this and the other product types I have. And it continues to work on an old back up I have on my local server.

If it helps any, you recently assisted me in a different issue surrounding a questions product with variables that discontinued working upon upgrade. In that case I had to enable Display 'add to cart' button for free products.
I disabled the above to see if that was causing my issue, with no success, and have since re-enabled.

Can you help, please....

Thanks in advance!
intrigue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #98141

Hi,

Generally the "next" button is not displayed if there is a shipping method and no address entered.
Could you give us a screenshot of your checkout configuration ?

11 years 1 month ago #98221

Hi Xavier,

My apologies, I guess I should have covered that part as well...
Presently, when one enters their details and clicks submit, the screen refreshes, Billing & Shipping address do not appear as before, just the same 'Your Details' with entered information remembered.
Then, if you attempt to click a shipping method and/or payment method, the screen refreshes, yet does not accept what you have chosen and the next button still does not appear.

Previously, the Next button was not available until one entered their name, address, etc., then click submit. Once details were entered and submit button clicked, the screen would refresh, and Billing & Shipping address would appear, next button would also appear at this point, but of course, you still must choose a shipping & payment method.

Attached, are screenshots of my checkout configuration.
If you require further info or access just let me know...

Thanks for your help!

Attachments:

11 years 1 month ago #98313

Hi,

Do you have any error message displayed ? A Joomla error message ?
Have your template the Joomla error/notice messages ?

11 years 1 month ago #98365

Hi there,

Upon review of the back end, I discovered that I have a warning stating the PHP temporary directory is not set.
Could that cause an issue?

The template I am using is from joomlart with no warnings, though there are some updates required. Perhaps my problem is here?

Looking forward to your response, but in the mean time, I will complete the required updates on my local server and see if this solves my problem...

Thanks!

11 years 1 month ago #98478

Hi,

I don't think that the PHP temp directory is the cause.

Enabling the system notices will help us to solve the problem, you can add <jdoc:include type="message" /> in your template index.php file were you want to display the notices.

11 years 1 month ago #98552

Hello,

To confirm, PHP Temp Warning and other updates did not fix the issue.

Regarding adding: <jdoc:include type="message" /> in my templates index.php file, once I did that the site went completely blank.
I am operating with a T3v2 framework, so went into multiple files within \plugins\system\jat3\jat3\base-themes\ and added, with no success in displaying a message.

So... I turned on the debug system under main joomla configuration, and received the following messages after entering address details and clicking submit:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php on line 544

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php on line 548

Upon comparing the same file of a previous installation where all works well to the current file, I see the code differs in this area. Attached are the user.php comparisons

Perhaps the above will assist in solving...

Thanks!

Attachments:

11 years 1 month ago #98621

Hi,

The txt files add spaces between each lines, can you give us the content of the lines "544" and "548" ?

11 years 1 month ago #98682

Hello,

You are right with the double spacing. Sorry, should have checked that text file before sending!

Please find attached, a file which contains lines 544 & 548, including the section where it came from.
Also attached, are new text files that you shouldn't experience spacing between lines...

Attachments:

11 years 1 month ago #98754

Hi,

The problem is that you have configured the checkout "Registration" option to "no registration" and you are trying to checkout with an email already stored in database, so it return an error.
With the Joomla notice, this message would have been displayed.

Try to checkout with a not-registered email, it will work.

11 years 1 month ago #98812

Hi Xavier,

You are right. I was using a made up name each time who does not have an account, but did not realize that if you add your details and click submit, then delete the item from the cart, your email is automatically registered within HikaShop users.

When I attempted a purchase using a new made up name, it does work.

This does present a problem though in the circumstance where one attempts a purchase, is interrupted or changes their mind at the moment, removes from cart, then comes back later to make the purchase.
They now have to register for an account for the shopping cart to work, but they wouldn't know this. The cart just wouldn't work and they would have to make contact. Some online customers would not do this and the sale would be lost.
I had this same situation happen with a customer, but fortunately they did touch base with my client and she managed a sale over the phone.

Other than forcing registration on a purchase or coding an explanation, do you have any ideas how we can work around this?

Thanks for all of your help so far. I do love HikaShop and the additional features you have added to the recent update.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 1 month ago #99073

That won't be a problem actually.

If you are in "no registration" mode, not user account will be created for your users when they checkout. So they will be able to checkout as many time as they want.
The problem will only happen if a user already had a user account on your website before you turned on the "no registration" mode.

11 years 1 month ago #99365

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. I needed a moment to test your theory.

Based on what you said, the actual customer who checked out never had an account to begin with. She just attempted to place an order, entered her details, removed from cart, came back at a later moment and could not get through the shopping cart. After entering her billing/shipping details the very first time and clicking submit, her email address only was now within HikaShop Users/Customers, with no account within the Joomla system.

I had tested with fake names who were also never part of the system, with the same result as above.

In my most recent testing, I started with a brand new name, address and email address that has never been used before. The purchase was successful with an offline payment. In the back end I confirmed and shipped the order. The brand new name is now within HikaShop Users/Customers and of course within Orders.
I quit my browser to remove any remembered information, went back to the site, purchased a different manual, proceeded to the shopping cart and entered billing/shipping details for the new name as mentioned above. Upon clicking submit, the window refreshed, and I remain with the same issue as before - Your Details remains in view, not the billing shipping details as it should be, shipping and payment options can't be selected and there is no next button.
In the back end, this new customer's email could not be removed because they placed an order, so I deleted their order, then their email address under HikaShop/Users/Customers. In the front end, upon refresh, I was now able to click submit, and proceed with the order as expected...

So for whatever reason, there remains an issue.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 1 month ago #99558

Hi,

Then it sounds like you have a bug which was actually fixed in HikaShop 2.1.2. So I suppose that you're not using the latest version of HikaShop and that updating will make it work like it should.

The following user(s) said Thank You: intrigue

11 years 1 month ago #99562

Hi Nicholas,

I will download and install the update and let you know if there are any issues, but I'm suspecting it will work as intended.

Thanks for addressing the issue in your latest update, and for all of your assistance!

11 years 4 weeks ago #99787

Hi Nicholas,

I just wanted to confirm that the most recent update did indeed fix the shopping cart issue I was experiencing.
All is well...

Thanks again for your assistance.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds