Product Page Images Disappearing in IE Only

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 weeks ago #100061

I've been working on a new website with the Hikashop cart for the past few months and so far I've been able to solve all problems by just searching the forums which has been great. We're now getting to the end of development and I'm left with a handful of troubling issues I can find solutions...this is one!

I have version 2.1.2 of Hikashop and am having a similar issue described by bonzomedia in this thread: www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/61997...ge-disappearing.html

You can see an example by going to this product page and selecting a size other than the default: www.mayamada.com/2_5_install/guys/product/42-serious-sound-mens

With username / password combination of mayamada / m4y4l0ckd0wn*

When you select a different product characteristic (colour in my case), the images dissapear. I haven't configured an individual image for each specific variant which I initially thought was the problem, but after trying to add an image for a variant (large in this case) it did not make a different with Internet Explorer.

My issue is slightly different to the thread above as it only occurs in Internet Explorer (version 9) that I've seen. The solutions described in the thread don't work for me either as I've tried changing folder permissions to 777 and I do not have lazyload so I think this could be a different issue although it looks the same.

Is this a problem that anyone else has come across? Any help will be appreciated as we can't launch the site until this is resolved.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 1 week ago #100267

Hi,

Even if you don't have images for each variants, their have different badges, right ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 1 week ago #100275

Hi Jerome,

I'm not 100% clear on what you mean? I have some products that have badges ("New" can be seen on the first 6 products), but badges are only used on a subset of product whereas the disappering images issue affects all products when in IE. Could the badges be causing this issue?

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 1 week ago #100608

Hi,

It's hard to say as your product page is not accessible (I just tried).

One thing which should definitely fine that issue is this:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/8...ct-images.html#98824

The following user(s) said Thank You: mayamada

11 years 1 week ago #100612

We had a temporary problem with our site going down (happens too much for my liking, though that's a bluehost issue!) but it's up now with the same auth credentials in the first post: www.mayamada.com/2_5_install/shop

I'll give the javascript suggestion a try. I missed this thread previously - thanks.

11 years 1 week ago #100634

That looks to have worked. Thanks guys!

Could I ask what those those lines of code do and why they cause a problem in IE only?

11 years 1 week ago #100672

Those lines display the images of each variant of your products (because you can have different images for different variants of the product).
When you remove them, the system won't replace the default images with the ones of the new variant selected since it won't find them.
Thus you don't get the issue because you circumvent the process.

11 years 1 week ago #100684

Ah ok. So does that mean if I did want a different image for each product variant, those images would not show with this fix in place?

That's not a problem for our site at the moment but I want to make sure exactly what is affected.

11 years 1 week ago #100692

That's indeed the case.

11 years 2 days ago #101979

Thanks for clearing that up nicolas. In my case it's not a problem at the moment as the only variant I have is size. However, is it likely that a fix for the issue can be made in a future release? Or is this something that IE is not handling properly?

11 years 2 days ago #102023

We could not pin point the issue yet as we don't have the problem on our end with IE and characteristics.
So there must be something else on the website which interacts with that.

10 years 11 months ago #102653

It must be another module that is causing the issue. The problem is I never tried it on IE until recently so there was no point at which I could say it ever was working...looks like I'll just have to start disabling modules until it does work.

Either way, thanks for a great shopping cart. It's made a big improvement to our website.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 11 months ago #102686

Hi,

About the IE problem, it can be another module yes. If the html DOM is broken (not valid), like with a missing "</div>", Internet Explorer can misunderstand the DOM and if you want to replace a block content, it will replace more.
Other browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) will recreate the missing tags in order to have a valid DOM, so the html replacement works in that case.

Hope it will help you

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds