On checkout Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 2 hours ago #104968

Hello,

I have a problem. When I try finalyzing an order and login that's the error I receive in my browser.

Before this happened i did 2 things that might've caused it:
1. I tried adding a cutom field to a product, this is the link:
www.nfx.ro/lumiere/tablouri-postere-onea...637890-fotografia-ta
And it doesn't work, it just appears the word "Specificatii" (which means Specifications) under the Add to cart button, and that's it. (this is another problem, and if necessary i will make another topic for it).
2. I installed SH404SEF, so I can create a nicer url for that link, something like /fotografia-ta , because the default as you can see it's pretty ugly.
I tried making a menu button as Hikashop Product, but when I click on select product on the menu creation page the site never loads the products page to select one. This is another problem - again, if it is necesarry i will make another topic for it.

After I discovered the error, I completely uninstalled SH404SEF, even disabled all sef options, nothing seems to help. I also disabled the custom field, that didn't help either.

Please help - i will provide login credentials when requested.

Thank you and please help soon!
p.s. if the site is down just PM me, in 5 minutes it will be up (it's a virtual machine).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
10 years 11 months ago #105006

Hi,

1. You created a custom field of the table "product" so you are now able to configure that field on the product edition page and you will see the value on the product page under the "specifications" area.
If you want to see the field on the product page, then you want to create a custom field of the table "item" instead.

The custom field is definitely not linked to your redirect problem.

2. If you want a small URL with just the product name, that will require to use a 3rd party SEF extension yes.
I can't comment on the issue you had with sh404sef. You should seek advice with them if you have a problem with an alias URL.
I don't think that this is related to your redirect problem.

3. I tried to register on your website but your email settings are apparently not correct and the email could not be sent (error: Could not instantiate mail function.), because of that, I couldn't activate my account and I couldn't look at the rest of the checkout. I need to be able to reproduce the problem to look at the redirection issue.

10 years 11 months ago #105029

I just sent PM with access credentials.

10 years 11 months ago #105076

There is a loop because of the way your checkout workflow is configured.
The login view on the first step will automatically redirect the user to the next step as the user is already logged in (after you login).
In the next step you have the shipping/payment methods selection.
They require that the address is already entered in order to be able to process the zone restrictions. So they redirect back to the previous step.
And thus you have a loop.
So the problem comes from the fact that you had put the address view at the end of the checkout instead of putting it on the same step as the shipping methods selection or the step before.

I've changed the workflow to take that into account and it's working properly.

10 years 11 months ago #105094

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you!

I realised the problem was actually not the flow of the checkout process, but the fact that I was using manually created users. Those users did not go through the normal registration process so that's why they didn't have any address.

But i still have the problem that i can't create a menu link to a product. Can you please help with that?

Try creating a menu in the main menu for the product Fotografia ta in the category Fotografia ta, it's the last category in the list.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #105212

Hi,

It seem's that you have solved you problem.

10 years 11 months ago #105214

Hello,

Not all of it.

>>But i still have the problem that i can't create a menu link to a product. Can you please help with that?
>>Try creating a menu in the main menu for the product Fotografia ta in the category Fotografia ta, it's the last category in the list.

I still have this problem.

If I could create a menu item to the product directly, I could specify the alias url of the menu. This is the only URL i don't like and I don't want to install any SEF manager just for this. And Hikashop has the option to create a menu button for a product - it just doesn't work in my website.

So i still need this fixed. Please help.

10 years 11 months ago #105236

By the way, the menu button you in the main menu, up on the site, Fotografia ta, I did it by disabling any sef so I can see the non-sef url to the product, and then I created an external link type of button, and that's how I did it. But when you make external link type of button, you can't specify alias (which is logic).

So it looks fixed - but I just did it so I don't have to keep searching for the product to get to it.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #105265

I'm not able to load the page.
When I try to create a menu in backend it's loading during indeterminate time.

Are you creating this menu via Joomla, selecting the type HikaShop > Product page > then in the advanced options selecting the desired product and set all the parameters to display it on all pages ?

10 years 11 months ago #105269

That's my problem as well, I cannot get to the Advanced options where I could select the product - it never loads. That's the problem i'm reporting :)

It might have something to do with the fact that i have somewhere around 130.000 products in 30 categories.

• Thank you received: 4006
10 years 11 months ago #105295

Hi,

On which version of HikaShop do you start your store ?
Maybe it could be useful to add some "indexes" in your database in order to improve the performances for the queries.
I think you do not have these optimizations in your database.

Regards,

PS: But I think there is another problem. For some tasks which does not have any link with HikaShop, it took a very very long time for the server to deliver the page, like when I logged-out.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Jerome.

10 years 11 months ago #105410

Hello Jerome,

I just checked, i had 2.1.1 and i just upgraded to 2.1.3 - it's the same, still can't create a menu to a product.

Nicolas already added some indexes to the database, because in the beginning it took about 30 seconds to just see the products in the categories in the frontpage - which is now fixed.

I sent to Nicolas all access to the server and the site so you can check it out.

I have another issue now, everytime i update i have to enter these modifications manually in frontend default.css:

a) This is because the options appear under the image of the product. I don't know if this the way it's suppose to fix it, if you have a better way please tell me.

#hikashop_product_right_part {
float: right;
width: 350px;
}

b) This is because there is a big space between my image and options row, and the description below. This fix I know it's not good because if I have a Portrait image instead of Landscape, the image will intersect with the product description - so please tell me how to fix this.
div.hikashop_main_image_div {
height: 400px;
margin-top: -10px;
}
c) This is because the captcha is badly aligned in the registration form - you can add a product to cart and click on checkout - you will see what I mean.
div.recaptcha {
margin-left: 160px;
margin-top: 10px;
}
d) I still don't have a fix for this, there is a big space between the title of the product and the image - I want to remove it but I do not know how. Please help

Please tell me how can I make these modifications permanent so I don't have to input them everytime I update HikaShop.

Also I want to increase the font size of the price on the product page but leave it just the same in the Cart. Now if I modify the font size and color of the price on the product page it will modify also in the cart - which is bad.

Thank you!

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Jerome.

10 years 11 months ago #105413

I went to this article: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ize-the-display.html

And regarding the CSS - i kind of found my answer regarding the price customisation - it's exactly the example in your document.

But there is a problem - i've attached you a picture of my firebug and comparison with your firebug printscreen from the link above. The problem is I can't see the mention of a Module and number.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4006
10 years 11 months ago #105593

Hi,

Modifying the "default_frontend.css" file is not recommended and if you lost your modification, it is logical because it's not the way to do.
In HikaShop backend, you have a special interface which allow you to create custom css file. You so can customize the default css file and create your own.
Because this new file is not in the HikaShop package, it will not be replace during updates.

If you modify core files without using overrides, you will lose them.
That's why we create interfaces for override views, css, etc.

For you last question, could you provide a link to the page you're talking about ?
The module id is not where you had your cursor, it is above (a parent node).
But it could be a menu id, it depends on the page you're talking about.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 11 months ago #105594

10 years 11 months ago #105968

I don't see the problem with the screenshot of the documentation. Of course you don't have the module with the id on the right of the screenshot since you're looking at the product page, not at a module HTML/CSS.

Since it's on the product page, you can use that:
.hikashop_product_page .hikashop_product_price{ color: #99cc00; font-size: 14px;}

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds