Thumbnails and Add to Cart problems

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 11 months ago #105542

Hi,

We are finishing up the formatting and product input in our merchandise store: mojooutdoors.dreamhosters.com/index.php/mojo-swag-shop

However, we have run into a few problems.

1.) The thumbnails do not seem to be functioning. I added two test images here: mojooutdoors.dreamhosters.com/index.php/...39-navy-short-sleeve

The thumbnail images do not show up and hovering over the thumbnails removes the images completely.

2.) Clicking add to cart results in getting kicked. For instance, mojooutdoors.dreamhosters.com/index.php/...39-navy-short-sleeve
After clicking the add to cart button, I get 404ed. But I can go back into the store and the product is in my cart???

Not sure what is going on here.

I can PM login credentials if necessary.

Thanks,

Holden Smith
MOJO Outdoors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #105567

Hi,

1) The link to the thumbnail is probably wrong, have you the image "blue_color_block.jpg" in the folder "/media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnail_166x200/" ?
You can delete all the thumbnails folders, by this way HikaShop will generate them automatically.

2) Which version of HikaShop do you have ? Thanks to use the 2.1.3 (latest) some bugs related on the add to cart have been corrected.

ps: don't forget to make a backup before the update

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Xavier.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 11 months ago #105624

I am about to try deleting all the thumbnail folders.

However, the add to cart button is working in all areas of our shop. It just will not work in the merchandise part of our store. Why does it work in one portion of our site and not the other?

Portion that is working:http://mojooutdoors.com/index.php/replacement-parts/category/93-super-mojo-mallard-parts

Portion that is not working: mojooutdoors.dreamhosters.com/index.php/...39-navy-short-sleeve

NOTE: Each store is separate from the other, but the formatting is essentially the same.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 11 months ago #105631

Also, deleting all the thumbnail folders seems to have made all the thumbnails not work. Hikashop is generating them in the folder "/media/com_hikashop/upload/" however, the product pages are not calling for the correct thumbnail folders now. For instance, mojooutdoors.com/index.php/vendor-produc...25-mojo-shake-n-jake The thumbnails were generated but reside in the folder "/media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnail_200x200"

Not sure exactly what is going on, but I have to fix this ASAP.

Thanks,

Holden Smith
MOJO Outdoors

• Hikashop Business
10 years 11 months ago #105658

UPDATE: deleting the thumbnail folders in "/media/com_hikashop/upload/" made an even bigger mess. None of the thumbnails worked afterwards. Luckily, I made a copy of all the thumbnail folders before the delete. I transferred them back and now I am at square 1 again. It seems that something occurred recently that is prevented the thumbnails to be generated correctly. The thumbnail is there but no image. They seem to be calling for the wrong folders and it has only happened on the most recent product additions.

I can PM login credentials if necessary.

Thanks,

Holden Smith

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 11 months ago #105706

Can you give us a screenshot of your images configuration ? (Configuration > Main > Images)

• Hikashop Business
10 years 11 months ago #105748

Here is the screenshot of the images configuration.

Also, I updated hikashop to the latest version and it did not fix the thumbnail issue nor the add to cart problem.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13102
10 years 11 months ago #105861

Hi,

1. The fact that none of the thumbnails display anymore after the delete the thumbnails folder is good. It means that you simply have an access right issue to the upload folder (HikaShop/joomla is not allowed to write files/folders into the folder) and that's why HikaShop cannot regenerate the thumbnails automatically.
Simply fix your upload folder permissions via FTP (you can set them to 777 and that should be enough hopefully) or contact your hosting provider to help you with the change.

2. Regarding the add to cart button, I tried it on my end on your website and it's working fine. Maybe you didn't see that it was working because of the cache of your browser. Try with another browser.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mojooutdoors-holden

• Hikashop Business
10 years 11 months ago #105950

Hi,

I changed the permissions of the upload folder and deleted all the thumbnails again. However, nothing changed. So, I tried setting only one of the size constraints on the thumbnails and it worked perfectly. I believe the access rights issue was the main culprit.

Also, we fixed the add to cart issue late last night. Turns out it was an ajax issue.

Thanks for all the support!

Holden Smith

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds