PayPal not sending confirmations...

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #110632

Hi guys,

I have read everything you had on the documentation and yet nothing pops out as 'oh yeah THAT's obviously it'

www.nevadasoap.com just doesn't get notifications from PayPal that an order is paid for and it's really
impractical for Terry [the owner].

Any help would really be appreciated.

Running Hikashop 2.13, Joomla 3.11, Paypal [not PayPal Pro] with notifications turned on.

I've made sure that all the PayPal IPs we have
23.47.98.*,173.0.81.*,173.0.82.*,173.0.84.*,173.0.88.*,66.211.170.66,216.113.188.202, 216.113.188.203, 216.113.188.204
are whitelisted in the firewall...

I can of course grant you access to server/Joomla easily enough.

Merci pour l'aide!
Cheers,

Emmanuel for Terry S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13138
10 years 11 months ago #110638

Hi,

There is only one FAQ which list all the possible causes of that issue and it's here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
Please check each point.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #110654

Salut Nicolas,

Your website is on localhost (ie. not accessible from the Internet). PayPal can only send payment notifications to HikaShop if your website is accessible from the outside.
online at nevadasoap.com so c'est pas le problème.

Your website is protected by an .htaccess which only allows the access when the correct username/password is entered. PayPal doesn't know the username/password of your .htaccess and thus cannot contact HikaShop.
I removed .htaccess temporairement donc c'est pas ça le problème non plus.

You changed your .htaccess file to add rules to increase your website security and it doesn't allow PayPal servers to send the notifications. You should try to remove them to see if it works.
Même chose que le point précédent.

Your website is in maintenance and only accessible for users with an administrator account. PayPal won't be able to contact HikaShop because Joomla won't authorize him.
Non = site visible pas en mode maintenance.

In the same manner, the menu on the checkout is not accessible to non logged in users.
Pas le cas

The option "allow payment notifications from paypal" of the PayPal is turned off. You should turn it on.
It is turned on

You changed the IPs in the PayPal IPs option of the PayPal plugin.
Non - j'en ai rajouté parce que la liste n'était pas à jours, elle est maintenant:

23.47.98.*,173.0.81.*,173.0.82.*,173.0.84.*,173.0.88.*,66.211.170.66,216.113.188.202, 216.113.188.203, 216.113.188.204

You have a security component which forbids scripts to contact your website. You should ask a solution from your security component provider.
Non - pas que je le sache.

With versions of Joomla before 2.5.4 the languagefilter plugin had a bug removing the POST information by doing a redirect when it was not necessary. So if you use an older version of Joomla with the languagefilter plugin activated, either deactivate it if you don't use it or update Joomla.
I have Joomla v3.x

MobileJoomla apparently redirects payment requests loosing the POST data in the process.
Not using MobileJoomla

Your HikaShop menus have not the access level public. Because of that PayPal servers cannot access your shop to notify HikaShop from the payment. You should configure the "force a menu on checkout" option of the configuration to a public menu that while your categories/products listings are not accessible to your users, PayPal will be able to notify HikaShop.
I didn't make a menu that I know of with anything other than defaults [i.e. je n'ai pas changé le niveau d'un menu; mais je n'ai pas non plus crée de menus spéciale - je suppose que Hikashop la créé pour moi ce menu...

Please make sure that the access level Public of your PayPal payment method is ticked, otherwise the access to the notification will be denied to PayPal (for the Business edition only).
Don't have Business version just Essential so does not apply.

Please make sure that the payment is accepted in your PayPal account. If the automatic validation of the payments is not turned on in your PayPal account, PayPal won't send the payment notification to HikaShop and your orders won't be confirmed !
a. I didn't have to do that for Journey2 site and it works fine for that site - b. when I went to that area on this customer's setup, there was no such option...

Any more help?
Cheers,

Emmanuel pour Terry S.

• Thank you received: 13138
10 years 11 months ago #110816

Hi,

Regarding the last point, are the payments automatically captured in your PayPal account ?
If not, then it might be because of that:
www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsess...d=1209671&isSrch=Yes

If you still can't get your payment notifications, you need to turn on the debug option of your payment plugin and process a new order payment. Then, look at your payment log file in the Files section of the configuration. There will be written the traces of what happened when the payment plugin was triggered.
If the file is empty, it means that something blocked the notification before it reached HikaShop and we won't be able to help much as it's probably one of the points above.
If the file is not empty, it should give valuable information on what is happening. Like when it stops, what the data received for the notification is, does it stop at the security check etc.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds